1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you buy the Customization Packs?

Discussion in 'Console' started by jijilip, Jun 9, 2012.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    You buy all the DLC and you get this games equivalent, special sparring.

2. King9999

King9999 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mmking9999
    I got the Complete Edition.

Please contribute to this thread if you have any cool costumes. [​IMG]

3. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    Full for me. I knew for sure i would get 15$ worth of enjoyment. so the extra 15$ to get costumes and stuff was my vote for more either content or future releases.

4. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    [​IMG] Yes, blasphemy I know. To be fair I have had quite a bit of fun with my costume items so far.

5. Bluecrest

Bluecrest New Member

Bought both bundles, to support the game, but didn't download them cuz 100% of all of the customized characters look like shit, and deter my enjoyment of the game.

6. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

Agreed there. Don't get me wrong, some of them are nice. But all the floaty and twirly stuff?

7. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    fair gripe, but IMO some of the costumes are amazing. GentlemanThief has a Jean costume that looks like Lars from Tekken 6. many Wolf players have a Hulk Hogan costume. my Wolf has classic Brothers of Destruction costumes (Kane and Undertaker). they're not that close to the real things but they're not too too ugly.

8. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    I love all the costumes. It was one of the greatest parts of previous VF's, earning the costume sets. Now having them all immediately is just great. It also adds a great deal of unique customization and enables you to differentiate yourself from other players.

9. Bluecrest

Bluecrest New Member

My dislike of the customizations lies with the fact that visually in-congruent stuff I don't find appealing, I find Virtua Fighter appealing because it's the fighting game closest to recreating fighting in reality, most of the animations are fantastic, while the game is a bit drab in terms of style for some of the characters, most of the default costumes seems as if they are made for fighting. What I don't like about the customizations is that they clash horribly with what I think Virtua Fighter should look like, flames, lighting, stupid shit on your back, and weird hair colors just look disgusting to me when I watch matches, can't even watch them because that ugly stuff turns me off the game.

10. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    that's a fair argument. i'm not too big a fan of certain items either like the floating hearts and animated fireworks.

11. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I much prefer cool costumes to stupid glowing crap. I can tolerate the lightning/fire arms, but the light plates drive me insane.

12. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

So far I got the 1st half of the 9 costume packs thinking about getting the other half as soon as I come up on some $. I love this game.

peace out cUDDY[​IMG]

13. Someone

Someone Active Member

I just picked akira and aoi pack. So i currently have 3 packs

14. Prime

Prime Active Member

first i just got jacky.then i said F it and got the first pack.then i i said f that and bought the other.Its fun to edit and put a personal spin on your characters appearance,kinda pricey but i like VF and im all for supporting sega

15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Hahah, I'm glad you saw the funny in that. We all have our own reasons why we did or didn't buy em.

Mine is cause I wanted to support and to be able to see others outfits. Having them even got me trying other characters. Plus my nephews like to play sometimes. So they can hook up whoever they wanna use.

16. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I bought all customizations because of two things; 1) there was the PS3 bundle at a reduced price, 23 euros IIRC, so it was pretty pretty cheap, and 2) I wanted to support Sega's decision to finaly bring this game over to consoles after all these years as good as I could, maybe even convince them to bring the next instalments of VF over sooner by saying that yes, there are people who are interested in VF and they will pay whatever you dare ask for it.

17. Droogy

Droogy Member

XBL:
    DescendantDroog
    I only bought Lion's and I'm very happy I did, I don't play many characters, I only play eileen every so often so I only needed Lion's.

18. Wingman

Wingman Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Wingman_SRK
    I bought the bundle that contained my favorite character's customization pack. One of these days I'll buy the other one, mainly just to support Sega.

19. coffeezombie

coffeezombie Member

A plea to all the custom costume people: Please do not hurt my eyes. Seeing all kinds of random nonsense devalues the game to me.

For background, I view entertainment products as fulfilling jobs people want them to do, and buying a product constitutes hiring it to do some kind of job. To illustrate: I buy Soul Calibur 4 because I want a swordfighting game in a fantasy setting that resembles the past. Then I see Yoda fighting Mitsurugi, or a couple characters in absurd pink hats with the Death Star looming in the background. This immensely devalues the game for me, because it breaks the setting.
    Now to get to the custom costumes more, I buy SC5 thinking yay it doesn't have Vader and Death Stars. I stumble onto a lobby and... Is that Sephiroth fighting Shaq-Fu? Who is dualwielding battleaxes and has glowy wings every now and then? Er... I guess I'll come back later. Next day, I meet James T Freaking Kirk. In a fantasy swordfighting game. Sounds great, no?

Full customization brings with it problems like that: Characters that don't look like themselves at all, or just don't even fit into the rest of the game, let alone look themselves. It's kind of sad when the system has potential for brilliant, more or less fitting alternate outfits but largely gets used to add inane sparkly things and spinning signs onto people and generally making them look freaking ridiculous.

So please make good-looking, identifiable custom costume things for people's general enjoyment

20. Wingman

Wingman Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Wingman_SRK
    The novelty of electric fists, glowing anklets, and floating balls over my head wore off quickly. I like doing customs, but I've started making them look like they belong in the game.