1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion from "VF5R for console effort" thread

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by EmpNovA, Jan 15, 2010.

1. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Any volunteers to write this? My free time is extremely scarce but I will (unfortunately for myself) step up to the plate if need be. If anyone is more qualified than myself to write this letter to Sega, then go ahead, but I'm quite sure that no one on this site can match my abilities to create a compelling argument (for console VF5R) and put it to words.

My credentials? I have college degrees in communications and political science from one of the top PR schools in the United States (go me!). I've worked with and learned under some of the best political consultants, campaign managers, and publicists for state (NY/NJ) and national politicians (USA! USA!). I also used to work for one of the biggest news stations in the world as a writer. I have all sorts of other experiences writing as well (newspaper freelance, press releases).

My parents are also lawyers which means arguing is in my blood.

Right now I need to sleep. But tomorrow, hopefully by the time I wake up, people will have generated enough ideas for me to begin drafting some sort of formal proposal to submit to Sega. But here's some thoughts stimulate discussion on what should be mentioned:

- this is the 'year of the fighter', every major franchise is getting a console port except for VF5R

- VF5 is still at WCG, community is still active, VF5R would reinvigorate the player base

- top players in Japan want console, and Fuudo himself said that console VF got him into VF, ShinZ wants VF5R as well

- longevity of the franchise (no VF5R means less people willing to hang around for VF6), we lost some really amazing members when VF4FT failed to get a console release

- VF5 already has a port on the PS3 and 360 so Sega is familiar with porting a VF game to each console

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  3. EmpNovA

Guys to be honest no one cares about your individual stories about VF playing at Sega. Sega closed its submission box during VF4FT and VF5R when we bombarded them. And Sega of America closed its Facebook page so we couldn't ask them about VF5R as well. They don't want to read a bunch of individual posts on a forum or formally submitted.

We don't need a dozen different 'more of the same' stories about how VF is the best and I've been playing all my life blah blah blah. We need ONE solid document to submit to them. A formal proposal.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    The point is that Kamaage asked for them...

Just go with it. Professional player support along with this document full of stories - it has as good of a chance to work as anything else.

Please be part of this action unless you have a better idea. Do not discourage other people from participating just because you think Kamaage's idea won't work.

Think about your "formal proposal" idea... this document as thought up by Kamaage is a way to say "Look how many people will buy this game". I don't see a better way to indicate that than with tons of stories.

Which has more credibility?

125 unique people stating they want VF5:R on console

-or-

One sentence telling SEGA that there are hundreds of people wanting VF5:R

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    While a agree i could also say that they don't seem to care about a solid formal document either. They're not really entertaining the idea of releasing R on console at all. They simply just seem not to care. All we can do is try.

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I was so excited about console R help that I didn't read this. Kamaage, it would be an honor to receive such a document.

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Maybe we can post pictures of our various scenes. Even if they're old. Just to show we do have people who play.

8. EmpNovA

Yes because photos of people playing VF5 in their basements will get Sega to devote an entire team of developers to port VF5R over. Sega doesn't care about EVO or WCG. Those events weren't enough to convince Sega to pay attention to VF outside of Japan. They don't care about WCG but will read about our basements? Not a chance.

Photos of events won't matter to Sega. Posts in this forum like "I joined VFDC in 2009 but I've been playing VF all my life" do nothing at all. There is no evidence that there is a scene for hardcore VF that is worthwhile at all to Sega outside of Japan. It's dead it's over. You think a photo of your basement will change AM2's mind? They can just point to KS or OH or KN or SBO to show how much more important focusing on the VF scene in Japan is compared to the rest of the world concerning the hardcore players.

Only a formal proposal will work, enough of the pathetic and ineffective letter writing campaigns. But I guess people are too eager to post 'look at me Sega I'm a big fan' responses instead.

Sega doesn't want to read anything long. They'll read one or two posts then stop after the first one because they'll all be redundant and tiresome. "Hi my name is John Doe and I love VF and I play with other people offline". We need an actual proposal to be the real way to get Sega's attention, like Kamaage suggested and everyone seemed to ignore in an attempt to make something that reads like a Xanga or Myspace blog entry.

Sega doesn't care about VFDC, hell SoA even took the VF5 forum down on their site, they won't read these. Even if you wrote the most godlike post of all time on the internet Sega would gloss over it at best.

Get a list of tournaments outside of Japan, WCG, EVO, Season's Beatings, a list of fighting games that have come out to show that it's the 'year of the fighter', Blazblue, SFIV, MvC2HD, Tekken 6BR, throw out a few more good points, make a formal draft, give it to Kamaage, and he'll hand it to Sega in person.

You really think if he shows up with a massive printout of this thread that it will do anything?

Formal proposal. That's it. Anything else will do almost nothing.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Empnova, why don't you just get cracking on that formal proposal you keep telling us about, and insisting that there's nobody else better than you to write it, instead of being distracted by the efforts of others?

I apologise I haven't been involved in this thread sooner. For now, really quickly, I just want to thank kamaage for reaching out to our community, and of course to Reno for the translated interview. I'll be giving this the front page treatment over the weekend.

To everyone else, if you want to keep contributing your personal messages, as per kamaage's request, then please do so!

10. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Did I fucking say it was going to change Sega's mind? You think people haven't tried to do shit behind the scenes?

What the fuck do you do apart from criticise people and make shitty ass long posts about super turbo and 3S. Do you have to be such an utter cunt?

Even if you don't agree with the methods, Kamaage is far closer to talk to Sega than you are despite all your in depth knowledge. There's no need to act like the forum dick here.
    Nobody wants you to make some shitty proposal go back to playing vf4 quest mode because that's all your good for.

IF you actually read Kamaage post. He specifically states he want to a produce a DOCUMENT. Which means... any number of Pages...
    And No I don't think a document is the end all of getting a vf5r console port(Because I have tried this on several occasions). But it's something and something is better than nothing. Kamaage is putting in the effort then why shouldn't I?
    People aren't getting their hopes up but they're doing what they can.

Please don't make another long winded post it's not needed. Get to the fucking point. If I even see more than one hundred words I'm not going to read your post.

Talking about pathetic, what about your GODLIKE my parents are lawyers I am awesome post...

Do the proposal by all means... If it helps getting anything closer to VF5R port I really don't mind.

Yes Empnova, you've ruined yet another thread. Classy as always.

11. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Hey Mr. "New York Times" Show the kids how is done than.

12. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    This post might be a little off from the topic, but let me say, thanks to kamaage-san that he cares about players who lives outside of Japan. I hope SEGA produce 5R on console.

When I read his interview first time, I thought "this is worth to translate", and that's why I decided to help Reno and I'm glad I could help him.

Like Myke said, everyone please keep post your comments here, I was giving up that SEGA makes 5R on console, but I think it is not impossible at all now because of Kamaage-san's help.

13. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    First, this was originally part of this MSN News Japan Interviews Kamaage

Second, thanks Kamaage for your contribution to the VF community.

Third, lets try to keep this thread on the right track. I will move/delete posts as needed (I hope that it won't be needed).

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Make Shemue 3.

-Brian Copeland, Scotland

15. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I duno if this has been suggested or not.. or whether this will be a good idea or not.. but i was thinking.

IF someone could make like a facebook event or group called something like
    " bring VF5r " and join that... And start spamming and doing mass distribution to even random ppl or friends list.. cus im sure even random ppl will join.. It will look like we have more VF players than we actually do. I duno if someone knows how to make a group and spam out requests to evryone.. but i see spam on my facebook.. so i was wondering, if maybe thats a good idea.
    Once we get a good amoutt of true vf players, and random ppl we can show this to kamaage and he can show sega the link on how many ppl want the game out.
    Maybe a stupid suggestion.. but whatver.
    ( :

16. ShinobiFist

I like the idea of the facebook page, but not the spamming. Is very easy to get your fellow gamer friends on the group. Most of the people I have there are from SRK/GAF/VFDC anyway. So it wouldn't be that hard to spread the word and create a network.

17. ShinobiFist

LOL! Thread/

18. Ikkitousen

Ikkitousen Member

PSN:
    Pedro0709
    make the game more friendly with ps3/360 controller, add new modes to the game like story mode, kata mode where you have QTE to do the next move of Kata and a mode where you play in a 3d world like Shenmue, add Shenmue characters to the game to have a wider cast, also make Shenmue III

- Pedro Leal, Portugal

19. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Sounds like you want Virtua Quest 2 [​IMG]

20. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Ghost mode for offline play would be a plus!!! That and/or a AI training mode...