1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Django Unchained

Discussion in 'General' started by hseiken1, Dec 29, 2012.

1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    Badass movie, go see it.

In true exploitation style, we get to see classic bloody vengeance. Great popcorn movie, doesn't take itself too seriously.

For those wondering about the subject matter, it definitely does NOT glorify slavery nor uncle toms or racism. It can be hard to watch at times (castration with knife so hot it's glowing?...oh snap!). By the end of the movie you'll be cheering for those 'whiteboys' to get what they deserve.

Good stuff! :)

4/5 whatevers.

Andramelech and EvenPit like this.
  2. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Oh, and yeah, I'm pretty much thinking this was the inspiration for Django Unchained...

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Doesn't come out here till late January :cry:

pana likes this.
  4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Saw it today. First movie I've paid to see in theaters since Kill Bill vol.2. Movie was awesome and didn't dissapoint. Just found out about it like a week ago.

*goes back to cave*

hseiken1 likes this.
  5. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I didn't even know about this...

6. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I caught it last week, Indeed a BADASS movie, my second favorite movie of 2012 behind Looper

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Saw it last night. Great film. Tarantino makes another classic. :D

Actually it was based off this film, you might say Unchained was a remake.

IcKY99 and hseiken1 like this.
  8. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    Very badass. Always love a new Tarantino movie. There's a "for your consideration", copy on TPB.

IcKY99 likes this.
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Looks like it's time for me to be (considerate)

10. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Maybe spike lee can go see that version and then make a judgement about the film. He'll be an informed critic AND still have his so called self respect by not paying to see it. :)

11. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    My understanding is this was a big influence on QT (as well as obviously the original Django pictures):

[​IMG]

Not sure when I'll get round to seeing 'Unchained, as not really a huge fan of his more outré projects, but I did enjoy Jackie Brown, True Romance, and Killing Zoe which he produced. Generally, if I do approach the Western genre, its the more subdued, psychological stuff like High Noon, The Gunfighter or The Ox-Bow Incident.