1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DLTE= double low throw escape? is this possible?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sudden_Death, Oct 10, 1999.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I always wanted to ask this, but always forget.
    Let's say I do a low rising attack and wolf blocks it, now he's going for a low throw, a choice of 3!!!!. now if I try to reverse the low throw and guessed wrong then I'm screwed. it's just not fair to guess 1 out of 3 throws (in wolf's case). Now,if I was able to "DLTE", I could of have a better chance of nailing a escape. so is there such a thing as DOUBLE LOW THROW ESCAPE?

peace

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: I don't think so

First of all, excessive use of rising kicks against Wolf is simply a bad idea. Differences in potentials (50% life vs. a little stagger) do not justify it.

Now to answer your question, Double Low Throw Escape is not possible; as far as I have ever heard. Hiro has not told you to practice that one, has he?
    The best you may be able to is Guard-Low Throw Escape or High-Throw Low Throw Escape. Well, this still does not make 1/3 any way better.

So against Wolf, use of rising kicks should be minimal, as his Okizeme (knee & throw) is relatively easier to react. Whereas against Akira, you must let Akira player know that you have a rising kick. Or Akira will force you the really powerful Guard Break & SPoD guessing game.

3. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

From my understanding of option select (someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) you can only do, at most, triple option select, which can have only one of each of the following: 1) attack|reverse|inashi|escape, 2) basic throw (p+g), and 3) command throw (joystick input and p+g|p+k+g).

thus, you CAN do a DLTE, but remember, the DOUBLE is basic (high) throw escape with LTE. only one command throw escape is option selectable at a time. so the DLTE is not what you may have originally imagined. is this useful? IMO, slightly, if you have the finger dexterity only because it's a free option select tag-along. everytime i do a command (L)TE, i always try and tag the basic TE. when is this useful? well, when i play aoi and block an opponent's low rising against a character with low down-throw, i yomi an opponent's LTE and do a high throw on the LTE whiff. if i do basic throw, or if i miss something like the HCF|B throw which defaults to a basic high throw, then the DLTE will escape this. this is the only situation i can think of where this is useful. however, in this case, ALTE and gLTE are probably much better option selects. *shrug* so DLTE probably has little to no practical use compared to the other option selects.

-clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network