1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DM P+K testing

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Mackfactor, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    As goh has no mid full circulars... and because his half/full circulars are slow in activation. JAB TOSS, 2p toss is something Goh has to use.. one of the reasons i started using Vanessa is the full circular mid that goh doesnt have, which comes out fairly quick..

Was watching some Jap goh vids, realized how often goh players use DM P+K... but not at disadv, like how most ppl use DM P+K. But using it at mid distance. I thought at first, maybe these goh players are trying to be a dick and spam dm p+K, the more i thought about it... its because he doesnt have a full circular mid.

DM P+K, at a mid distance is full circular mid, which comes out fairly quick.. and very hard to punish at max distance. maybe safe at max distance?? havent tested this...
    Ive seen this strat applied at mid distance game to punish evades... Also, the use of DM PK, one wake up, usually done when someone techs . DM P+K has a pretty big frame ACT, so i believe it can also be a valid strategy to hit someone on wakeup to beat out their WR MID/low
    ( needs more testing ). Not only should it beat WR timed correctly, but because its full circular, good against ETEGS as well, and at max distance very hard to punish I believe ( ill do some testing on that to see if goh dm p+K has this pushback or if PK or THROWS can be used to punish, at max dis).

Neways, Im doing DM PK testing now, done with abare 2p testing.. (not at disadv but using it as a mid circular mid at long range), since i know ppl online hate DM P+K at disadv, and i dunt wanna start DM P+K against opponents, since that will only aggrivate them and they prob would start DM P+KING themselves which would make it harder to defend since their DM P+K is one more variable to defend.. BUT DM P+K not a bad idea to use at mid distance for a full circ mid that goh is missing

Hopefully ppl dont mind this type of use of DM P+K.

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

But not many chars have a mid-hitting full circular. I noticed that for countering evades Goh's [K]+[G] as move but also its range is OK.

For mid- to long-range poking Goh hasn't too much useful stuff at his disposal, though. DM[P]+[K] can come in handy here. Even for Okizeme? Probably. Something I'd definitely wish to test out. But calling Goh's DM[P]+[K] a mid full circular, then, is a bit over the top.

Anyway, good thoughts. I'll drop in again as soon as I've done some further research and testing.

3. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    its not a true mid full circular.. but, its the best goh has... we have to be creative

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Crybaby Goh players SMH!!!!

5. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

not many characters in this game have a mid full circular if goh had one he most def be broken

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    How many chars have a full circular mid?

I can only think of Jacky, Vanessa and Brad.

Jacky has a full circular at all heights(2 mid), his low is telegraphed though.

Are there any other characters with that?

EDIT: Lion has a full circular mid as well.

EDIT2: Brad has a high, mid and low full circular. I should know this shit. I play as him.

7. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Sarah has 66K+G, K. The second hit is mid full circular and cancels to FL also. Although she may not have a mid full circular as a 1-off attack like some do you can use it as a mid full circ if you space yourself enough to compensate for how far forward 66K+G puts you then just connected with the very end of the second kick.

8. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Re; DMPK-Curious

If you are feeling DMPK-curious, you may wanna take some time to figure out what it all means. A lot of people have experimented or thought about experimenting. It's natural for some people to have these feelings, even though there are still elements of society that refuse to accept the DMPK-lifestyle. Give it a try, and if it feels oh-so-right then you know it was meant to be.

9. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Re: Re; DMPK-Curious

That last post reminds me of when I copied a paragraph on Drug Abusa and replaced Drug with 2P.

Only it's about being bi-curious.

10. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants

Delays work great! A simple [4][6][P] combo does more damage anyway. Just bring your yomimono.

------
    Watch an Adam-Yuki vid, probably the ones from the latest SoCal party; he uses them perfectly. Ring control is the only context you should bother using them though. Unless you're talking about online, then spam away because frames =/= online and some people can't deal with it after 2[?] years.

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Doesn't Pai have a Mid circular Kick?

12. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I've tried incorporating this as well it's only really a decent option after your opponent tech rolls. Can't really use it too often because low damage + unsafe + very slow speed.

Best applied after catch throw > shoulder ram. : )

EDIT: it loses to proper eteg's outside of wakeup. They have plenty of time to block after the failed evade. Also it's never safe at any distance at -15(?) there is always something that can be done.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

14. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Jeffry has one.

15. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Besides his DMP+K Jeffery doesn't have one. Lion circular mids are pretty easy to see coming since its within a string

16. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    The most commonly used Lion full circular is [6][K]+[G] do people actually use any of his other ones? I didn't play Lion in VF5 but I never see anyone really use them.

17. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I use [1] [K] [+] [G] to cover groud and because of his good mix ups from back turned. I don't think [6] [K] [+] [G] is quite as a good a move as it was in VF4 as people who have played that and 5 say it's lost most of it's push back.

18. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    It's still just as good and the push back is more or less the same. It was still punishable in VF4 if you held [6_] [P]

Although in R it's noticeably lost it's push back/range.

19. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    gentleman theif, ya i did notice on tech rolls more often than say like using it like vanessa FF K (DEF).. Ur point about slow activation and how etegs will get in time for a block made me wanna stop this testing. But after tech, i agree its a decent strat.. but its unsafe.

20. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I still think it's worth testing for mid-range usage, maybe not so for Okizeme purposes. Also, the hitbox of this move is even stranger than of his standard kick or sidekick; you can still hit with but your toes barely touching the foe, making DM [P][+][K] from this range, on block, hardly punishable. The added delay (due to the evade) also makes up for some nice mid-range guessing games.