1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DM P+K

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by TheWorstPlayer, Mar 6, 2008.

1. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That's not really fault of the game's mechanics though. Maybe netcode and connection but not the raw guts.

2. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Yeah. I wasn't blaming that on the game, just stating why I don't like it cause of the online aspect. If I it wasn't an online match, I wouldn't have had that hole on obvious guarantee opportunities I specifically anticipated.

3. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Hee heh. Uh, no I don't hate you. I don't remember you doing that. Obviously, it's more annoying if a bigger part of a turtling strategy, if anyone cares what I am annoyed by.

Man, turtling is effective in VF5. Not just backdashing but being very defensive all the time. I think maybe they should change it so that when crouch staggered, you can't struggle and then duck a throw. Make it like a counter hit punch(guard) situation. It sucks when you are fighting a crouching turtle and you stagger him and then he's crouching again when you try to throw him and you get thrown. Maybe I am the only one who feels that way.

4. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Elbow them again

6. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    ^ That works ^_^

Or if you really wanna be annoying, you can time the punches and punch back :p

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

I think it sucks there's no win button and you have to actually try to think and react when up close..

effective guarding is not turtling in my opinion, it takes skill, backdashing at every opportune moment (I don 't mean short backdash setups i.e lp /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif options ) and whiff punishment is turtle style and requires less skill (in my opinion), it's immensely boring,
    too many people hate the up close game guessing and yomi exchanges, which is where the fun and true heart of vf is lool.

Might as well bring fireballs in, the range most people play at..
    I agree on the point though turtling is ultra effective.

8. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

But you should never try to rely on just one option when your at an advantage (as you are when you stagger an opponent) or disadvantage. If you know there going to duck you could use an elbow to stagger them again, a high damage mid attack or low throw (if your character has one) encouraging them to stand up next time and possibly get thrown.

9. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

A well timed back-dash can be very effective. You can't block when you're back-dashing though so use moves that will reach farther. I've been hit out of back-dash more time then I could ever hope to count. I would say stick a side kick out there (or any move with a little more range) and they will probably get caught by it.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm having a rough morning. This made my day. Thanks Manjimaru! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he meant DM P+K, like he said. I still don't see what the point of this thread is - the attempt to describe character-specific differences lasted all of 10 posts before degenerating.

Somewhat kinda back on topic, do you guys think speed is a big factor in how effective different DM P+K are?

vanessa|\N
    wolf|\N
    eileen|18
    akira|19
    brad|20
    kage|20
    leifei|20
    shun|20
    goh|21
    pai|21
    vanessa|21
    elblaze|22
    jacky|22
    sarah|22
    vanessa|22
    aoi|23
    jeffry|26
    lau|26
    lau|27
    lion|28

I'm pretty much never going to use jeff's, at least partially because it's so slow - punch strings are a better option after a successful evade.

Yes, because throwing from disadvantage works so well against circular moves; start using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif more and whining less, please.

QFT.

What is the sound of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif ?

12. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, i love it cause I just dodged your retaliation and your delayed strike, I'm now back in your face again.

No automatic robotic repeated linear strikes here. That's SF. That's also what this boxstep is designed to stop.

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Just gota be careful of some other stuff with that though. Stops the quick retaliation, but if they see you do it each time (which you already stated you don't do, so this is for other people not you haha) they'll throw out their big full-circulars or dash up and take advantage of it.