1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dmg with Aoi

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Vic_Viper, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper Member

I've been playing this game a little more but still find myself not improving very much. I'm using her elbows and quick attacks in close like [4][3][P] and find myself using [4][4][P]+[K] a lot . I also try using the cancels to get throws like [6][P][P][G] but I can't see do get the damage I need. so I got a couple of questions

1. Are there any particular throws I should be trying to land ie. multi throw

2. Any situations in which i'm guaranteed a ground throw

3. Juggles what are my best options for dmg after say [6][K]

also is it worth trying to train my opponets to react in certain ways so in can counter them?

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

1. If you can get them to freeze up after something like [6][P][P][G] or [P][P][6][P][G], you should try and throw with [8][6][2][4][P]+[G] which is her best throw. Ground throw or ground punch is very hard for the opponent to avoid afterwards.

2. [3][3][P]+[G] guarantees ground throw or ground attack.

Her multi-throw that ends with [2][8][P]+[G] guarantees a ground throw afterwards.

3. [6][K] -> [P] -> [6][K][K]
    [6][K] -> [P][P][6][P][P]

[ QUOTE ]
    also is it worth trying to train my opponets to react in certain ways so in can counter them?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I guess it depends on your playing style. Sometimes I reverse rising kicks but, I generally don't reverse that much. If you can train them to react a certain way, then of course that's better.

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

-Yeah get the damage off the 270 throws after cancels and if you can condition off of inashi setup's,
    Off of [6][K] best combo but getting boring now is [6][P][P][6][P] chain,
    I also like the variation [P][P][3_][P]+[K] then hard pounce or ground throw combo.
    she dosn't seem to take that much damage but take what yuo can off inashi's, elbows, throws etc it all adds up fast.

4. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper Member

Thanks for the replies guys sounds like good stuff I'll have to wait to try it as I don't actually own PS2 my friend has the game So I play it when we get together or at the arcade.

By the way just a terminology question what is inashi

and also was EVO released in NA arcades and if so any way I can find out where in my area (Toronto Canada)

5. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Inashi = "reversal" with no damage.

Her yin-yang stance reversal is an inashi.

Here 's where you'll find where to fight in TO.