1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

do u abuse D+P??

Discussion in 'General' started by TONY_T, Feb 22, 2002.

1. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

2. TONY_T

TONY_T Active Member

shit this thread got quick big, any way thanks for those who replyed with some usefull information, i will now try and work these strats into my game, thanks again

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I've got one way to beat LP oppo... Block (standing) their LP and elbow them. If they stagger, use P,K and LP them after that. If they do not stagger, LP them again.You will become a LP abuser... Big time.

4. LAU Abuser

There's no such thing as Cheap. Take Lau as e.g. LP,> elbow,(staggers)>PPP(pause),>LP>throw. Any comments?

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as cheap??

6. LAU Abuser

Theres nothin cheap in VF. Its becos of self's lousy skills that's to blame...
    Is RO chxxp? If you say so, you're jus a loser.

Pull-in catch throw>u|d,P+K>fff+P>P>BC. Its always a combo for wolf and Jeff. Both in close n open stance.
    25+20+9+12=66. Though dlpm does 25+20+30/24=75/69 but requires more accuracy.
    Shrm>LP>Shrm against wolf and jeff requires close stance. 30+7+30=67
    Shrm>LP>Dlpm against wolf and jeff can be done in both stance. 30+7+24=61.
    Pull-in>P+K>fff+P>BC does the most. 20+20+16=56
    Pull-in>P+K>Dlpm is second. 20+30=50

QCB+P>DBC=23+52=75. Note that a dodge to the sides only help to estimate the best time for DBC to hit that crumbled oppo. I did this without any dodge. Just wait for oppo's face slams to ground and thats the best estimate to get the full 52 pts for DBC.

Shrm>P>shrm>Dlpm requires a little mc to be successful. E.g. b,d+P+G offers that tiny MC needed. Oso, i was only very successful at this in close stance wif lightweights.

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Theres nothin cheap in VF.

<hr></blockquote>
    Are you mental?? there are plenty of cheap stuff in VF, take the Bryant's f+p,k combo it was better in 3 as you couldent 'quickrise' the pounce, but it's still very cheap, Wolf's b,f+p+k, and Akira's WS,f+p+k thats just a few moves you can be cheap with and abuse(see korean vids) soo yes of course there is plenty of cheap stuff in VF as in every other fighting game.

8. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

You're wrong Chucky....You're just as wrong as you can be. Shoulder Rams are not cheap! They are to initiate floats, and they are counterable!

9. LAU Abuser

Are you mental?? there are plenty of cheap stuff in VF, take the Bryant's f+p,k combo it was better in 3 as you couldent 'quickrise' the pounce, but it's still very cheap, Wolf's b,f+p+k, and Akira's WS,f+p+k thats just a few moves you can be cheap with and abuse(see korean vids) soo yes of course there is plenty of cheap stuff in VF as in every other fighting game.

Its throw counterable after f+P,K. Make jerky pay for it.
    Akira's ok overall in VF4. No costly combo without MC... Big time MC. Wolf is overweight and thus a regular floater normally hits max. e.g. Shrm>LP>Shrm is 30+7+30. If you did it with lighties or mids, it fluctuates. e.g. Shrm>P>Shrm is 30+9+24/30(very rare).

10. Enkindu

Heya Lau Abuser, I'm curious, how much does Shoulder Ram, D+p, f+p take off in damage with Wolf?

11. LAU Abuser

Ya, forgot abt stating the (mc)Shrm(30)>P(9)>Shrm(24)>Dlpm(19) = 82 in close stance. if you can do that, its more worthwhile to replace it wif: (mc)Shrm(30)>P(9)>Shrm(24)>Shrm(24/12) = 87 or 75 the last shrm fluactuates ... 24 will be low hit near ground and 12 is high hit above ground.

12. LAU Abuser

Heya Lau Abuser, I'm curious, how much does Shoulder Ram, D+p, f+p take off in damage with Wolf?

30+7+19=56. The f+P is 19 n doesnt fluctuates.
    More often than not BC, shrm, knee, dlpm are the ones that fluctuates the most. But i'm sure that f+P, ff+P, fff+P, P, LP doesnt.

13. Enkindu

Great. I've seen top players use that combo and I wondered why they never finish it with another shoulder ram instead. Thanks.

14. LAU Abuser

One thing abt f+P is that... its always 19 and always hit regardless of stance. No miss hits on f+P.

Btw, who's your best character?

15. Enkindu

Well I'm re-learning Wolf right now. i think I may re-learn Akira next. I don't think I have a best character honestly. I'm good with everybody.

16. LAU Abuser

I've studied Akira and found one way to make your oppo look Stupid. Do a d/f+K as the last move of a combo.

Shrm>P>d/f+K 30+9+24=63
    Pull-in>P+K>d/f+K 20+24=44
    Pull-in>d|u,P+K>d/f+K 25+24=49
    There's something abt d/f+K that makes me feel that the oppo isnt worthie enough for moi and thus i jus want to kick him./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Enkindu

18. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Hello...he said with Wolf, not Akira.

Enkindu, are you sure you're talking about f+P? As in the gut shot, with a canned P follow up? Most of the higher level Wolf player's I've seen use the b+P, since it causes a slam, hence not tech rollable. Regardless, f+P does have good use as it is stance independent and usually the follow up punch is guaranteed to connect as well. The purpose for using the f+P instead of doing another SS (short shoulder) is that you'll recover a bit quicker and can keep the pressure on when you think they'll techroll and want to go for the interupt or the low throw. Damage is 51 (add 15 for a MC on the SS).

And, btw, Akira's f+P (regular elbow) does not always do 19 in a float, either. In fact it will never do 19 in a float; it scales just the same as the rest, it just hurts a little more than most.

19. Enkindu

My thoughts were along those lines, sir, but I couldn't have explained it any better than you just did. Thank you. The b+p slam sounds nice too, and you say it's not tech rollable as a finish to a float combo? I supose it doesnt gives you enough time to pick them up though does it? How about an OTG?

20. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Fairly certain that's the point Enk. That you can pick them up after the slam. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't play Wolf :p Also I think Enk was talking about Wolf's FC qcf+p. Which is why he think's you'd have to LP first....:p

Also, you might be interested to know that his 270 throw is TRable. If they don't thech it you can pick up after that too. I think. Which is EVIL.

You might want to go to search and try VF4 Wolf as your words to search for. I believe Myke started a good thread that went by that name a while back.

Now don't go shitting your pants 'cause I didn't flame you for once. We still don't like each other. As long as you play VF4 though, I'll have some respect for you. Even if you do post about Wolf strats in the LP thread in the General forum.

peace