1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

do u abuse D+P??

Discussion in 'General' started by TONY_T, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Actually, I meant f+p. Not qcf+p. Crouching punch is just continuing the float combo, not the MC d+p that you've complained about. I'll rephrase.. Shoulder ram, D+p (D meaning holding down.) and f+p (f meaning tapping forward).

I'm really interested in setting up attacks after my opponent tech rolls. f+p as a float finish is, in my opinion, a nice way to set up the opponent who isn't aware that tech rolls have frames when you're in full crouch stance and unable to gaurd. Wolf is in almost perfect distance to LT right after the f+p frames are completed. Just a small crouch dash would probably keep a tech roll from getting on my side, and clear the gap, but I haven't tested it much.

b+p was mentioned as the last hit in a float combo, not as a regular move, which I believe you've confused it for. I'm pretty sure though that as the last hit in a float combo that you cannot pick them up or OTG after they bounce off the ground.

About your personal comments, I really don't care if you respect me or not. I've not been playing to impress you at all. Reason why we don't like each other is cause we don't know each other, which is fine with me because personally I don't think we'd get along. We're each a little too competitive. We probably push each other to get better, so I wouldn't want to ruin that with a sissy friendship. Anyway, for all the trouble it's been worth, I have no regrets talking to you the way I have. I hope you do not either.

-Enk

2. imf

imf Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24349&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24349&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1</a>

Go read the fucking thread. It's in the first damn post. We don't get along because you're a twit.

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Hold it. its 19 for akira's f+P. counldnt get any wrong as i've tested it in the a/m combo.

Why play professional Vf wif frames...

4. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

I don't think quite so highly of myself in the game as i have seen top people play and i think they are much better than me.
    Are you able to read my mind?
    NO
    Do you know what i think of myself?
    NO
    Then why in hell make statements like that when you aren't even my friend and you don't know a thing about me.
    Either you realize what you have said is absolutely retarded and maybe learn somthing from me bringing this to your attention, or you continue to make assumptions like that until everyone on this site recognizes your ignorance.
    Then again, you've never been anything but an ass on this site so why bother with you anyways? you shouldn't talk so much shit.

Peace.

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

*sigh* Yes, Akira's elbow (f+P) does 19 against a standing opponent. Against a juggled opponent, it does less. Always will, save for the one or two frames you can get where if the opponent is TR and your strike connects at the first frame of the TR. If the opponent doesn't TR you'll get an OTB that does 10, and even that's not reliable.