1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Shun is weakened too much in Ver.C

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ealsen, Mar 26, 2002.

1. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

KNK said Shun is "definetely weakened too much" in the original post.
    Nutlog said Shun isn't.

Let's just leave it at that and please, let's be more friendly. (Afterall there seems to be way more kids around VFDC nowadays /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

And as for the moves mentioned. IMHO, I think it is right to tone those down, except the u+k(k+g). I don't think AM2 want Shun to be another "in your face" boxers, vf already has plenty of those.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

KNK said Shun is "definetely weakened too much" in the original post.
    Nutlog said Shun isn't.

Let's just leave it at that and please, let's be more friendly.

Nutlog said a little more than "no he's not". That's why I'm biting at him. And why are you telling ME this?

3. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

I didn't write the message to you, it is to everyone reading this thread and plans to respond. I use Versus City in flat mode, I just reply to whoever shows up last in the thread.

In general, "biting" back and forward doesn't usually help on improving the substance of the original topic. For example we are already drifting away right here.

And no, I don't have any problem with you straighten the issues out with Nutlog's language. It is an interesting and useful Shun thread (which is pretty rare these days), let's try keeping it that way. Maybe you (or Nutlog/KNK) can try PM or starting a thread on how Nutlog's (or whoever's) language isn't appropriate? I think we need a board just for flames /versus/images/icons/wink.gif , that would help keeps the anger down in the strategy section.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

interesting post.

Anyway, while I agree that shun is weakened in Ver C, he is still quite string esp if you can get the 16 drinks to get his super p,p,d+k,k counter. Where are you going to find such a good move? Fantastic move, safe (as you can stop halfway of you see the first P blocked), fast, good damage, knock down.

But I haven't played for quite a while. Dunno how our resident Shun player is adjusting to Ver C.

Actually most of the changes in Ver C that is really impt are the ones that adjust frame advantages or move properties like removing of Special high (high moves that interrupt low moves) status.

5. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Ok. Be honest, Do you think Shun-di is at great disadvantage without drinking in ver.c especially with the huge damage reduction. Remembering that in some situation, Shun-di won't have chance to get drinks.

Because of that Shun-di needs to get drinks at least 10 points to have the same damage of Shun Ver.B.

One of my friend mentioned that It's hard to win against other good player in ver.C particularly when he didn't have chance to win or fighting against Sarah(Keeps sobering Shun up with her moves) whereas in Ver.B you could still win without having to drink too much.

6. Tekshow

Tekshow Member

i only played version B once before my arcade replaced it with C... so i didn't get much of an op...

but whether you guys know it or not, you've helped give me some great shun ideas with this thread...

thanks, and bring the friendliness back we all love VF, why don't we go pick some fights at TekkenZaibatsu /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Tekshow

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I think the thing that sucks is that they *CHANGED* it. If it was that way from the beginning, I don't think it would be as big of a deal. But a lot of people got used to him being tough, and then he comes back weak as hell.

The drinks are a lot to think about as well.... can get in the way of the game. But I guess all the advanced characters have something thrown in there to make you think.