1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think the comp sometime cheats? (No trolling)

Discussion in 'Console' started by MrNeoSandman, Apr 3, 2002.

1. vapulus

vapulus Member

The computer obviously learns from you in the same way that a human does. Sure, it does things that a human can't consistently do (like stand 1 pixel outside your attack's range then counter attack), but that's what AI's do. They're lacking in ingenuity and creativity, and they make up for it with precision. A lot of you guys are complaining about things that a human CAN do, you just don't play good enough players. Go play somebody who can reverse the last hit of just about any combo (any good AOI players) based on the first two hits. Once you get above Hero rank, you realize that a lot of the things you complained about in the computer AI were just your own mistakes. The computer doesn't hesitate to throw...that's something you need to strive for. I don't complain about the AI, anymore, because I realize that a lot of the things I called "annoying" when I saw it in the AI, I can now do myself. Now I'm just annoying to other humans. =)

2. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

no no no...i am old enough, and have enough operating brain cells in my head to discern what a human can do, and what is absolutely physically impossible.

like when im mixing the crap outta my attacks, mid mid, low, mid, low high, mid parry, mid, low...and they block half of it no trouble at all

or when i am just fighting like crazy and out of nowhere, i duck for like 2 FRAMES!!! and the a.i. spots it within 1 frame and low throws me!!! im like...now how the **** did it do that! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

hehe, but all in all, its one of the best a.i.'s ive ever fought against.

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

well like i said they know what you're doing coz the advice you get in data files came from the CPU, and in all seriousness they can input commands faster than we do so, in my own estimate its like 3-5 buttons a second, this is just my theory though, but they do have that possibility.

4. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

i used to think that it used ur weaknesses against you based on ur advice reports, but now im not so sure.

i sometimes don't escape throws/ and low throws, but that doesn't make the computer use throws any more or less, as far as i can tell, it uses them the same.

it also knows that i reverse mid attacks the most, but it doesn't stop doing mid attacks, and doing more high attacks. or low attacks.

and im sure that if somoene out there is having trouble recovering from staggers, it wont do any more staggering moves than it originally planned on doing.

i think the advice is just for you to be warned of what others might take advantage of if they ever figured out ur weaknesses.

5. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

you also have to note these C.P.U's in my opinion are just A.I. characters taken to the the extreme, they're pretty much like the ones we coach but not as retarded.

6. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the CPU loves throwing you when you turtle at all (even for a second). I've learned to "trick" the CPU into whiffing a throw animation by sitting still for a split second, then changing stances, then striking it when it is in the whiffed throw animation.

IE I will stand, then crouch, then stand up again quickly... at some point it will whiff a throw (even a low throw) and that's when I will move in for the kill. It usually works when the CPU starts bulldogging you alot to try to force you to guard so it can throw. Funny stuff.

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Of course it does dude, that's why life is unfair.

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color="00ff00"> No I don't think the AI cheats. As long as you fight like you fighting a human I've found the experience to be very on the money. Sometimes accomplished players do just as the advanced Dan AI does.. and yup, it does seem like the AI reads your mind just as a good human opponent appears to do at times. Just my take on why I enjoy Kumite mode so much. I think it is a serious concern for more advanced players or as Jirawat once remarked only amateurs enjoy VF the old pros are too often like old whores... they no longer enjoy sex and rarely smile... I spent a few hours at arcade on Saturday NYC Arcade and yes, my practice w/ sticks against advanced Dan AI fighters has improved my game against humans. Be careful, abusing charge moves against the AI etc will hurty you against human comp. , but you knew that I' sure. I enjoyed reading this thread. thx to all for their shared experiences and ideas. </font color> /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif <font color="yellow"> do search here for yomi, which is an abreviated Japanese word for correct anticipation and correct counter attack I think...</font color> /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

9. KittifudoDude

KittifudoDude Member

Yip. I bet if you could materialize yourself into a CPU Electron Particle you'd find 3 Gamesharks and 4 GameGenies worth of cheating material in there. The CPU ALWAYS knows when I'm going to do that [6][6][K]+[P]+[G] thingy with Kage in VF1. They always block and then turn around and Backbreak me or something. And Pai does nothing but two throws and reversals. It gets me SO mad! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif!!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah iI know you mean.I was kicking a high kings butt[2-0]and suddunly he was like beating me to pulp.He won once then ithe next round i killed him in 2 sec. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.I was facing a daner and I was at high king.I was whopping him 2-0 and he beat me 2 more times the I beat him.<font color="darkred"> It was like he was just pressing all of the buttons! </font color>

12. Gndalf007

Gndalf007 Well-Known Member

My AI beef involves me putting in a reversal and it immediately throwing me, with, of course, super-human reflexes.

I'm actually very supportive of AI "cheating", since I get used to dealing with an ultra-responsive AI, and thus a regular human gets easier to handle.

13. matt_a

matt_a Member

I think the AI does change depending on wether or not it is a ranking fight, but then having something riding on the outcome would affect the way a human player would fight.

It does seem a bit cheap at the moment, but Sega are wicked at refining and developing, so as the series progresses hopefully the AI will get as much attention as the play mechanics do.

Even though top players like Chibita et al are human and for that random, they must have characteristics that they carry into each fight, like maybe agression.

Maybe in the future a reasonably well simulated Kyasao Kage?

Matt.

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Interesting enough AM2 implemented a "learning mode" in vf2 saturn that allowed the AI to learn your playing style which in turn opened up "Expert" mode where you were pitted against this AI.

IMHO it actually did feel like a human opponent whereas the CPU didn't display super psychic ability and was able to be conditioned into taking certain attacks, for example: in any other mode the AI will always low punch a ppp string, yet in expert they would actually block the string on occasion and react accordingly... cool indeed.

15. matt_a

matt_a Member

That sounds like the sort of thing. Its the variation that is the key, that and fucking up realistically.

Still, it is a very complicated game.