1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DOA 3 : the sequel to the first arrogant interview

Discussion in 'General' started by SummAh, Nov 26, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Aye fella posters
    the sequel returns!

Here's a sample from IGN.com

IGNXBOX: The incorporation of the backgrounds really brings new strategy to Dead Or Alive, more so than in the past and we've noticed several fighters utilizing walls, trees, and other obstacles to their advantage. Is this the direction you see for the future of 3D fighting games? What's the next level for a fighting game?

TI: Isn't this what you want? Why would you call a game, 3D fighter, if you don't utilize objects in the environment as a part of interactive elements in the game? I guess my competitors haven't mastered the way to fully utilize the 3D environment as I have. To prove my point, since you saw the Forest stage in Tokyo during our last interview, I've substantially increased the number of interactive trees. (By the way all the trees in that stage is interactive)

OOOOOOOOH..this coming from a guy who couldn't figure out the maths during his baby steps.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hahaha I resolved long ago NOT to buy DOA3 purely because of Itagaki's moronic comments. Dumb fuck.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I gave a thought abt sending u the url thru ICQ just then
    Decided posting here would be funny enuff for u~

4. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Yup what a good reason not to purchace a title.......

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

This is over and above the fact that DOA's gameplay has always been inferior to VF.

6. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Wifey will love it... XMass present for her... bouncy cones for me. some programmers are poor speakers. Kick arse programming w/ end result of interactive 3D is cool. VF4 is almost 2D. FLAT stages without choice of VF3 stages ( Lion's, Aoi's )is sad. True most in NYC prefer Akira stage for battle but as a Lion player, I will miss taka stage too. *sniff**sniff*

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

In defense of the guy, I do have to say that I like the backgrounds in DoA3 a lot. While making the VF4 stages square obviously puts the focus squarely on the fighters, as was AM2 intent, I can't help but feel it would've been nice to have different shapes and sizes, even without the uneven terrain of 3.

True VF shits all over every other aspect of DoA, but it's still button mashing fun once in awhile. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Heck I dont even know why I'm defending him, I think he's a moron too.

8. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

can you post a link to the actual interview? I had a quick look on ign.com but couldn't find it.

We have DOA3 here at work. It's crap. It looks OK, but I was just saying to someone a few minutes ago that it's more like a technical demo ("look at our interactive trees!") than a game.

Soulless, button mashing crap.

grib.

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

10. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

I never liked DOA because of how it caters to button masher gameplay and emphasis on style rather than skill. Wow, this guy doesn't know when to shut up. I wonder if he even knows that his game's main following is the hordes of button mashers. It doesn't sound like he does from the interviews.. I wonder if it's just a publicity stunt of sorts, maybe he's not an idiot. Well, at least he amuses me..

"BUT.. we have... interactive.. TREES!! they're.. INTERACTIVE! LOOK PLEASE THE TREES!! they're.. doing things!!"

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

In doa3's defense, the game has gotten a LOT better..you can side step if you plan in advance and are about 3 steps back from your opponent, damage has been toned down for regular reversals (though you gotta love bayman and lei-fang's special reversals mauhaha) and the game has been tightened up...its still not on the level of vf though.

12. Keylay

Keylay Member

Hey, DOA3 is a fun game. Sometimes I get tired of other fighting games because they are so similar. I like using the trees and stuff when you fight. And the martial arts look cool. Besides VF, DOA is one of the only fighting games that could make a movie with its gameplay.The intros are always cool to watch.