1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

doa3 question`

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Re: doa3 question

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm pretty sure you can run it far higher than 480i, even up to 1200 I think, you have to set it that way on your TV and in DOA3 options. I may be wrong though

<hr></blockquote>

The manual states it only supports up to 480i.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

At the very least, I think Jann Lee has a stance switch a la Jacky, though how useful that is remains to be seen.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, Jann Lee's free+k will affect the opponent differently depending on stance. If your stance is closed and the kick hits (I think there is also a stance condition for the opponent too), you will backwards stun the opponent which leads to one of his biggest combos.

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"Just a note, VF4's system of movement is now very similar to namco's from tekken and soul-calibur......so I wouldn't make a huge point of out that. "

so, ah, whats your point? my point was that doa3 seem to have an almost "exact" copy of movement system from vf4. im talking about down right to the input commands!. the thing about tekken and soul calibur could be said about vf4 too, so whats the deal? let me explain:

in vf4, to move out of the screen and begin free movement (aka 8 way) you just hold up, same thing in doa3. to move into the screen in vf4 you hold down and begin 8 way, same thing with doa3. to quick roll/rise (QR) out of screen in vf4 you tap up+pkg as you land, in doa3 you tap up+guard, into the screen in vf4 is tap down+pkg, in doa3 is down+guard. see what im saying?. the only thing missing in doa3 from vf4 is the -tap- up or down to do a quick escape (like vf3). remember we're talking moving around. anyway i just though it was kinda funny that it had vf4 movement system. since im bored, let me continue to make a stupid analogy.

***warning: if you're a kid, do not read the following, it contains profanity and stuff Im sure you already heard anyway****

mr. sega goes out shopping for hookers (yes, bitches) at 42st in new york (pretend its 1985), he sees 4 hookers that specialize in different "techniques", he takes them home and starts to "do" them, he kisses with Ho # 1 then gets a BJ from Ho #2, fucks Ho #3 and goes "down" on Ho #4 on that exact order. now Mr. tecmo was watching all along and the next day he picks the same Hos and does exacly what Mr. sega did and in the same order. sure he could of pick different Hos and "do" them in his own way, but he choose to do it just like Mr. sega for some unknown reason. one thing Mr. tecmo didnt do was go "down" on Ho #4, other than that it was done the same way.

see what i mean? didnt get it? never mind then

3. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Um.....

Is it bad the movement is the same as VF4????????

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Once again..because it's general forum
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry sal..I just came from from a party...drinking 27 shots does bad things to my mind. hehehehe

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Hey Sal...you forgot one more line...the next day Mr. Tecmo proclaims to everyone that no one can pimp like him.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

And that he invented pimping!

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Jeez I fucking hate rehashes of previous games. Thank God Sega hasn't done this with VF or I wouldn't play it.

By the way VF4 is better looking.....that is all...

8. virtuaPAI

virtuaPAI Well-Known Member

Virtua fighter looks real good, but dead or alive 3 crushes it graphicly. I guess you have to put it side by side so you can actually see the extra detail that is put into dead or alive 3.
    as for the enviroments, tecmo copied almost all the stages that were present through out all the virtuafighter series and taking some of the effects sega was bragging about when they were promoting virtuafighter.. Its always the best who get coppied and thats what tecmo has done to sega...

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Thought I did! :p

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Sorry don't agree. The VF just looks more serious, character models are great though.

11. Page

Page Member

Damn that sucks. I loved DOA2 and I was looking forward to raping some innocent newbs in DOA3. First no arcade release, then this reversal bull-crap. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!