1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DOA3: Xbox Demo

Discussion in 'General' started by ice-9, Oct 21, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I stopped over the local Babbages store today to pick up Devil May Cry and Ico (yup, couldn't resist in the end Adam) and saw an Xbox kiosk.

I didn't spend much time on it but I did check out a non-interactive DOA3. My quick thought was...man, this demo is disappointing. First, the framerate was terrible, probably less than 20 fps. I *assume* it'll be 60 fps in the final version, and it better be because otherwise I wouldn't get one, much less an Xbox. Also, the snow movement isn't anywhere near as impressive as Lion's stage in VF4. Overall, while the backgrounds in DOA3 look great, they don't look as good as the clips shown so far. Ditto for VF4's backgrounds too, I guess.

I also checked out Halo and that Gotham racing game. The latter looked really good, and hey, it has my car! As for Halo, I must say that the game is a testament of how far visual expectations have come. When Halo was first shown, even I was amazed. Now that I looked at the demo, it looked downright...good-average. That is, the graphics are still good, but not jaw-dropping.