1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DOA3

Discussion in 'General' started by Pinkgirl, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Anyone know when it'll be out in the arcade? In Singapore? What about scheduled release for the PS2?

=====after message was edited=====

yeah, doa THREE. not four. heh. /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Re: DOA4

What have you been eating? (Porridge probably...) DOA3 has just been released and is an Xbox exclusive title, so the possibility of an arcade conversion is nil. The fourth version is a long way away. Besides, DOA3 isn't possible on PS2 so I strongly doubt DOA4 would be compatible. Think more PS3.

3. Pinkgirl

Aieee!!!! You're right Adio, I must have been eating your dreaded-like-hell porridge. I meant DOA THREE.........

/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif goddammit... *mutters*... *bangs head on wall 1 million times*

4. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Microsoft's PR rambling aside, there's no reason whatsoever that DOA3 couldn't be put onto the Playstation 2. While the resolution and detail of the textures could be suspect, the game as a whole is more than capable. The differences between the three new consoles is nothing compared to the old days of Atari vs Intellivision vs Colecovision. If anything, given the economy of the games business, I'd say it's inevitable that DOA3 will be ported within a year's time, no doubt with the usual "Hardcore" suffix or whatever marketing thinks up to get kids to pony up the cash.

That said, this game looks fabulous. I think the Xbox's will really be strutting its stuff a couple years from now (which is probably as Microsoft plans it).

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Textures - how about raw polygon count???!!

6. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

[DOA3] Seiyuu

I've never played any DOA before, but as I'm an anime/seiyuu fan, I want to know who are the voice actresses in DOA3?

So far, I've read here and there that Horie Yui (Hitomi), Kuwashima Houko (Kasumi), and Mitsuishi Kotono (Christie) are probably in DOA3, but definitely not Tange Sakura (Kasumi). (-_-;)

Does anyone know if Touma Yumi (Lei Fang) and Yamazaki Wakana (Ayane) will re-appear in DOA3?

7. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I think we'll find that XBox won't have that great an edge in terms of polygon count. M$ claim 125 million/second, but even they admit that this figure is theoretical. In real world applications it'll probably work out to be somewhere between 10 and 40 million, just like the PS2, just like the Cube.

As for DOA3, I looked at all the ign insider vids and can't get excited about it. The gameplay looks _identical_ to DOA2... back and forth slapping with occasional counters (which admittedly look cool). I liked the slo-mo throws -- that also looks cool. But apart from eye candy, I can't see that DOA3 has anything going for it as a fighting game. Nevertheless it'll probably be insanely popular.

grib.

8. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

I asked Itagaki these questions at E3. All of the Aoni Production regulars will return to their roles in DOA3 except for Sakura Tange. He said that DOA3 will NOT be sold as an arcade kit but that he may rig a few special arcade units if there is demand for it. He thinks he has pushed the PS2 already with DOA2 HC so I don't think he's going to port DOA3 unless it absolutely bombs on Xbox in every region.

9. Pinkgirl

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

DOA3 has just been released and is an Xbox exclusive title, so the possibility of an arcade conversion is nil.

<hr></blockquote> I just don't believe this! What's with these wily home system makers?!

I buy a Dreamcast, then Sega says it'll cease making games for it and stops the sale of the DC (so I can't even sell my set off now cos it's worth nothing), so I think of buying a PS2, and now this?!

Pardon my ranting, but why can't Micro$oft stuck to making (buggy) software for PCs?! It can't expect to just come in like that and try to corner the home system games market like what it did back then to the computer market when it took credit for Apple's Windows concept!

And I'm sick of Sega too, making me waste my money with their home systems. Hardly any game companies want to make games for their systems and the consumers who've bought their sets end up suffering. I should never have bothered in the first place.

Why is DOA3 an X-Box title? Is it really that superior?! If it is then I guess I'll just have to give it a miss; no way am I supporting MS... /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

10. Pinkgirl

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

He thinks he has pushed the PS2 already with DOA2 HC so I don't think he's going to port DOA3 unless it absolutely bombs on Xbox in every region.

<hr></blockquote> Well I hope it does bomb on XBox in every region. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

11. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

At least we were lucky and SEGA remained independant and did not merge or sell to M$

CIN

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

It's the way of things. Developers are always looking for the next big thing and will put all their effort into that new resourse and forsake the ones of the past.

Future gamers will need increasing funds if they wish to play their favorite games as they will be splashed over various high priced and over hyped consoles.

13. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

There is no Technical way DOA3 can be ported to PS2 withuot SERIOUS loss in quality

Think about it, we are hoping for Yu to pull off what many think is a miracle. Proting VF4 arcade perfect to PS2, I really don't know if that can be done, but Yu is the man.

My point is DOA3 "LOOKS" far superior to VF4, I'm sorry it does, so if Yu, one of the best game makers out with a super talented team of programer is STRUGGLING to port VF4 to PS2, what chance does Team Ninja have "Who are awesome in their own right" to port DOA3 to PS2. None.

And hate XBox just cause it's made by MS is plain immature. People were saying the same thing about Sony during the ps1 pre/launch. But I guess you have a PS2 right?

14. austinc1

austinc1 Member

"My point is DOA3 "LOOKS" far superior to VF4"

Based off high res ign videos? I've seen those too and I really just can't compare them to VF4 in the arcade, but I don't think they look significantly better, or I would notice. Some of them are obviously worse, but I can attribute this to the video quality. Really, there's no way to know until someone has actually seen the game, and not a lot of people have :p

From what I've seen of the PS2, I don't think it can handle a perfect port of VF4, I'd certainly expect it to have that 'edgy' look that most PS2 games have had.