1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does any one have a gameshark?

Discussion in 'Console' started by TexasLion, Dec 31, 2002.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Do you know if that "all items code" works for every character and you can just enter the code and recieve all costumes and accessories for everyone? I don't feel like ranking up the honest way for characters I hardly ever play, yet I'd still like to see all their items and stuff. My main characters I'm not worried about cause I already got most, if not all the items and costumes, so it's for the characters I don't hardly use, but when I do I would like to look cool in some new duds.

Oh, the reason I ask is I don't have a gameshark but was thinking of buying one just for this reason.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I've got one and used it for exactly the reasons you describe. And, yes, just enter the all items code, create a character, go to edit mode, and accessorize away. I actually created the characters first (without codes), rebooted with codes on, then outfitted them all. But, it probably works either way.

If you have an old PS2 (I got mine the first Christmas they were available) you might have trouble getting it to load. I've recently sent my PS2 in for service (I had trouble viewing DVDs and playing CD based games - like VF4 /versus/images/icons/confused.gif ) and now the GameShark fires up every time.

I say, go for it.

3. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Awesome dude, thanks. I'll pick one up today. My PS2 was bought last year in January 2002 so it's fairly new. Just today the system kept saying "Disk Error" and VF4 wouldn't load up, so I just took it apart and cleaned the lense (gamefaqs.com has a faq on how to do this under PS2 Hardware Faqs) and now it works perfectly.

I figure they'll eventually have an "all items" code for Evo when it comes out too so that's the only reason I'm getting a Gameshark, just to use on VF4 and esp. for VF4 Evo.

Anyway, thanks again.

4. Wiley

Wiley Member

I've got a 1.9. I experience the same difficult with the disc error. But after a few tries, it works fine. I use the 'shark mostly for burned games, but it's very useful if you want to get the items the easy way (cheating).