1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else find it irritating when.....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by UnCauzi, May 3, 2002.

1. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

theres a gathering and half the time is spent watching people swap memory cards and setting up "their controls." Personally this kills the "high" when I'm waiting to play. It turns from eager anticipation to "hurry the fuck up already."

2. Kyo

Kyo Member

well...memory swapping is unavoidable...but start using a joystick and you won't have to worry about button re-configuring...:D

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I don't see where memory swapping is unavoidable. People worry so much about their official win-loss record, but for a casual gathering, is it really important? I certainly don't care what kind of hat my friends like to equip their characters with.

Why not just play plain old vs. mode, and let the quality of individual matches speak for the player's skill? It's pretty obvious at the end of the day who's doing well and who's not.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Actually they do not need 2 reconfigure their controls. If they have saved it in the data file togather with their character. Once they load their character the joystick will be reconfigured automatically.

5. UnCauzi

Ahh I guess it's just the non memory card people who generally just pick up a stick and play that the reconfiguring starts going on. I just think that during casual play it's just tedious and unecessary.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Well for someone who doesn't even have his own stick /versus/images/icons/wink.gif I don't think you have too much room for complaint. I don't like it either. Actually, if everyone was using their memory card and their controller every time they played it would go much smoother. The problem starts when people don't use their own sticks/controllers and or decide not to load their files. Since everyone is not playing on the same stick at least everyone needs their own file to load their config. I thought you liked talking more than playing anyway UnC? =)

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

For our gatherings, we've pretty much standardized on 2 PS2s, 4 VF4 Hori sticks, 3 matches per set, and everybody brings and uses their memory cards. Works pretty well for us. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Plus the prospect of ranking up/down and knowing that your wins/losses affect your overall VS mode win% makes the matches more intense than straight up VS play with no VF.net.

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

I suggest copying your files into 2 memory cards. It makes life alot easier when all the files is inside the memory card and you don't have to swap memory card. And if everyone takes the initative to configure the joystick settings of the character before starting to play it will save alot of configuration time.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

The onl ything more annoying is a thread with a title of "don't you find it annoying when..." giving no hint of the subject. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

My opinion is it all depends on how well the person organize everything before hand. In order for the game play to run smoothly. Feixaq and buyaodawo81 suggestion are good maybe you could give it a shot. For those who intend to use their own memory cards or joysticks. =)

11. UnCauzi

Actually it may seem that way IMF but my biggest complaint about the gatherings here is waiting for 7-8 matches before the next person gets their turn. I don't know what you peeps system is, but say in other gatherings on other games, you lose one match, you're off. Just like the arcade. This way everyone gets a lot less sit around and talk time. I mean stomps cool and all, but he's not that cool /versus/images/icons/wink.gif No offense to stomp but he's heard me complain about it before. I can't get into it if I have to wait a half hour to play again.

And yes, I don't own my own stick, hell I don't even own a ps2, but for a non regular vf playing talk alot schmoe you gotta admit I do whoop up on peeps from time to time /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Just it seems kind of silly to buy a stick for ps2 Vf4 when I don't own a ps2 or Vf4 huhuhuhuhu.

Btw, hats off to Blonde_Ones stepping up to handle my Jeffry. His level has definately raised, hel, I didn't get any for free wins at that thing. Well I'll kill this here cause we have a 60+ thread to post our FL VF bs in lol. Let me just say, UnC will have a brand new bag next time /versus/images/icons/wink.gif