1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone here like the x box?

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Sep 25, 2001.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>Name one thing that has failed from microsoft?

You're kidding, right?

Ever hear of BOB? The "Home" mouse? The original version of MSN (the "proprietary alternative to the internet")? Every pre-Age of Empires PC game (except maybe Flight Sim...)?

Actually that reminds me of MS Games incredibly hopeful slogan circa '95 -- "Microsoft knows games". Yeah right... Microsoft knows games could make them a lot of money if only they could figure out how to make a decent one.

I'm no mindless MS basher (perfectly happy with Win2K), but to claim they've never failed... wow...

grib.

2. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

And i forgot to mention the joypad that think is a tacky piece of crap

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a movie

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Umm..mechwarrior 4, and anything that was not good when it first launched - try afterwards. Microsoft, as much as you, me, or anybody else hates to admit it, has the most powerful system comming out AND the most resources.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah it's true Xbox may be the most powerful, but name the last time the most powerful piece of hardware won a console generation.

Oh wait I guess SNES eventually did...but the Genny put up a hell of a good fight.

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

does anyone know if the xbox will have VF4????

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

6. Shadowdean

Listen, be realistic, at the end of the day, Microsoft simply has more money to push the system...and really - lets say HARDDRIVE....no load times...a chucnk of memory for textures...

7. Drunken_Master

the 3do had loads of backing and look what happend to that machine

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a kung fu movie

8. Drunken_Master

I swear to god if the x box out sells the gamecube i will be convinced that satan rules the earth and everyone in the world is a retard. I dont give a shit if Bill Gates is going to back the X Box with loads of money he mircosoft know jack shit about games and how the console market works. Anyone who buys a x box is pure evil.

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a kung fu movie

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I hate that gay x-box/versus/images/icons/mad.gifthe worst thing is that probrobly gonna sell like way higher than super consoles like the GC..

10. Shadowdean

Man, you guys are just plain ignorant hate-mongers...MS knows how to build competitive products. I am sure they have done a shit load of market research, they OWN bungee and FASA (can we say battletech games??!!!) Basically OWN EA sports AND the makers of DOA3 .... You guys really have no reason to hate the system at all..look at nintendo 64..really had like what, 3 or 4 good games...and gamecub has just EIGHT games at launch, while xbox has over 15 at launch??!!! C'mon...ugh...

11. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

How many of those fifteen launch games are really worth owning? Depending on your tastes odds are you are only going to like 2 or 3 of them. In my opinion nothing touches the GBA launch for quality titles.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

12. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

except maybe the SNES launch games!
    quality over quantity is a normality for nintendo consoles at launch.

13. Hayai_JiJi

I did not have a SNES at launch and the only launch game I can remember is Mario World. So please what were the launch games?

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

14. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

F-Zero; Street Fighter 2 were two of the launch games. Can't remember the rest but I think Mario World wasn't one of them (though I am talking about the UK here).

15. Hayai_JiJi

Well I am pretty confident there was a Mario game at launch. It was the one were he could get a cape and use it to float/fly. I am not sure I got the name right. Maybe it was not a launch game in the UK

16. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Mario World was the one with the cape, yeah. I think it was released slightly after launch here; dunno about over there, sorry. 8)

17. Post Man

Post Man Member

I would like for Xbox to do well. Thats bc I'm a consumer. The more competition amongst systems, the better it is for me. But lets face facts, Over seas (Mainly Japan) they don't care about it. So who's gonna make the games for it? The North american game industry might be good at Computer games but what can they do on consoles? thats my question. I'm not expecting much from the Xbox. I'm expecting Game Cube to blow it out of the water and The real battle be between Sony and Nintendo.

18. Hayai_JiJi

I really dont expect the Game Cube to compete with the PS2. They being Sony just have to much of a head start their user base is going to be too large to make up. Nintendo will have to sell several more million systems than Sony if they both sell an equal number of units to catch up I do not see this happening. Sony will also have the advantage of being able to drop their price when Nintendo launches and from the looks of it the PS2 game devolpment is finally starting to come into its own.

19. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Wow, you guys must have been very late with the SNES.

SF2 came out at least a year after the US SNES launch (I think over a year and a half after the Super Famicom launch).

I don't think F-Zero was a launch title, but it was close. I remember Pilotwings being a launch title.

As for the US, SNES had a very slow launch, but everyone was going crazy over Super Mario World anyways (I know I was at least). I'm very sure the GBA launch was a lot bigger than the SNES launch in terms of numbers of titles at launch.

-Chanchai

20. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Wow, you guys must have been very late with the SNES

Well, maybe later than you perhaps but I was the first person I know who had one (though I didn't buy it at launch or anything). Can't remember how long it was from the launch to when I was bought it...

SF2 came out at least a year after the US SNES launch

My mistake then. I just remember it because I got it with the machine. My first ever SNES game - yay! :) How good the graphics were at the time...

I don't think F-Zero was a launch title, but it was close. I remember Pilotwings being a launch title.

Again, I'm not sure about the US, but I'm fairly sure FZ was a launch title here (we probably got the SNES after you guys, meaning F-Zero was ready by the time the SNES came out here). You are right about Pilotwings: that was a launch title (I'm pretty sure of this).

As for SMW, I really can't remember if it was a launch title or not....
    doesn't really matter anyways I guess :)