1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does this have a good Xbox netcode?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Tha_FeauchA, May 16, 2021.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    In my opinion, I think it does. It's not perfect and nothing ever will be, but it's pretty good. I can't even play Samurai Shodown online because it's so bad. Which sucks.

However (in VF), it's only, and only when you have a good connection with the other person. This game has a lot of blow for blow action, wether a move is blocked or not. It's already hard enough to react to everything offline. Even offline, you can react too slow and lose an exchange you feel you should have won. Against a good connection, the inputs don't seem to have a whole lot of delay. Or at least the delay that's there isn't enough for me not to enjoy the matches.

There's some times where even if I have a good connection with someone. Some random rounds or even matches can get gritty. Like from riding a bike on smooth pavement to a gravel road. You feel the difference. I can play with someone for a good 30-60 minutes on a cool connect, then it can randomly get weird. But it usually goes back.

As expected, when the delay rises (the connections start downgrading) the game becomes a lot less enjoyable. To the point where I don't even want to play, lol. That threshhold/line is different for everyone. But usually, if the green bars are solid, the matches can feel pretty good. Sometimes, even full green bars can be funky, though.