1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

does this trick work?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by thaininja, Mar 27, 2002.

1. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

soppose i have a dan lvl 5 of jacky and i make a copy of him....and i start 2 player mode and my original danlvl 5 jacky beats the crap out of a dan lvl 5 jacky clone 5 times will he move to the next level? i dont see why this wouldn't work but i haven't tried it.....

and i miss the watch mode from VF2....i accually used that mode when i was bored...and i think you could change the camara angle not sure....but it was cool....like if i was hungry i'll eat and watch it battle......

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The trick might work, why not trick it..

Watch mode is still in there, just let the game sit there.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

This doesn't work because you cannot play a clone of yourself in VS mode (same character + same ring name cannot fight in VS mode). If you have a 2nd character that is 5th dan, however, you can copy your 2nd 5th dan character to a 2nd memory card and get your 1st character to beat up the 2nd character 5 times to advance to the next level.

But, why not just advance to the next level the regular way?

4. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

because the copy won't fight back lol

5. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

exactly....and in watch mode you would get to pick the characters that thing in the begining is just a game demo..

so this trick does work you just need two characters at 1st dan and make a double copy of them.....

lets call it character a1 and b1, 1 represents dan lvl
    (make copy of a1 first) a1 beats b1 5 times and moves to a2 but if you made a copy of a1 then b1 could beat the copy of a1 5 times and move up...then (make copy of a2)a2 can beat b2 5 times and move up then b2 beats copy a2 5 times, i'm a genius! eh...i probably wont do this since i'm already at dan 5 but just an idea.....