1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does VFDC have a Discord Channel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vargus, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Vargus

Vargus Member

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys have a discord for vfdc?

I am a member of "The Virtua Fighters" discord and "Virtua Revival" discord.

However, I wasn't sure if you guys a part of either of those, or if you haven't started one for yourselves yet.

If you do have a Discord, How do you get an invite? I would like one myself as I'm sure others here would too.

Thanks.

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

There are multiple discords but none of them is directly affiliated with VFDC

3. Vargus

Vargus Member

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate your post, so thanks.

Where do the Aussie regulars hang out? Obviously I am in Australia, closest to Sydney actually. So that would be my scene, what discord do the YSB regulars chat in?

4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

We have @MadeManG74 hang out in both Virtua Revival and Virtua Fighters. I hope the man himself will lett you know where the aussie are.

5. Vargus

Vargus Member

Cheers Mister!

Mister likes this.
  6. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Hey Vargus! Good to see you! We don't actually have a discord dedicated to an Australian VF scene, but I hang out in a few discords.

I don't want to create yet another discord, so I'll direct aussies to these;
    OzHadou Discord;
    https://discord.gg/DGMyGKw
    Good for general Aus fighting games and VF Aussie players hang here too

The Virtua Fighters;
    https://discord.gg/K2xEVSA6Tw
    General VF discord that now has an OCE region channel!

Virtua Revival;
    https://discord.gg/bqd5r5YdNY
    General purpose VF server

SUGATA likes this.
  7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Should VFDC have a discord channel? :ninja:

SUGATA, Emptyeyes, Jide and 1 other person like this.
  8. JSM

JSM Active Member

PSN:
    JSM_9999
    XBL:
    JSM9999
    Imho, fighting game Discords:
    Great for banter & coordinating online play, terrible for strategy & other stuff that you might want to reference later.

Myke likes this.
  9. Mister

It's probably better to take something already made and turn it into an "official" vfdc discord. The community is already there. Dunno what the difference may be in the end.

Myke likes this.
  10. MadeManG74

I guess it's up to you, but I kind of think we can do without it, as we already at least six VF servers I can think of. Not to mention with VF5US coming out, there'll probably an official one as well that's added to the plethora of fan made ones.

Having said that, I have no doubt you could do a good job with one if you wanted to build one.

This is also true, Discord is good for shit-talking and match-making but awful for literally everything else.

Mister and Myke like this.
  11. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

Only if it's well-moderated. My only good experiences on a VF Discord is the Hot Dogs and Sake Club and from what I heard, it is now a server closed to the public.

Not to say the other servers were awful but some of the members' attitudes didn't make me feel like sticking around.

12. MadeManG74

Bear in mind some of those members have since been banned I believe.

Jotamide likes this.
  13. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Yes!

14. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
  15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Imo no. I personally like things being separate. If you want VFDC then just visit VFDC

KrsJin and Seidon like this.
  16. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Agreed. And there's already an oversaturation of VF related discords now I feel.

MarlyJay and MadeManG74 like this.
  17. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I would like a VFDC discord!

18. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Can we not unite them all?

19. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    This is one thing the "new generation" doesn't really realize about the shift from web 1.0 to web 2.0 for the FGC. As a Certified FGC Old Man™, the move from forums to Discords meant a lot of information organization practices died out. I went on to become a mod in some community Discords for games I stayed active in. I'm a dad now, so I have less time to dedicate to "git gud", but I try to play a role in the community by keeping the content aggregation tradition alive via stickied links to public google docs where I'd aggregate information. Even that is hard to keep up-to-date if you're not working on them daily, though.

/yell at cloud

FWIW I'm glad VFDC has kept a solid core of contributors and generally well-updated character references. I've been a member of many FGC forums and sub-communities over the years, but VFDC remains my oldest registration date and holds a special place in my heart lol.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  20. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

I wanted to bring to people's attention that the FGC Discord Compendium is now at SRK Wiki: https://srk.shib.live/w/Shoryuken_Wiki:Community_portal/Discords/Game

The VF servers listed there are: TheVirtuaFighters,Virtua Revival, NYCVF. Hot Dogs and Sake club is listed but the invite is dead since it's now an invite-only server. If other public VF servers are missing, feel free to add them yourself or ask someone at the SRK Discord to do it for you.

Myke likes this.