1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs! =)

Discussion in 'General' started by ice-9, Mar 25, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a dog when I get my own place...just wondering if there are any dog owners around here and if they'd like to relate their experiences. I'm probably going to go to a pet store or the animal shelter and pick up the first dog I fall in love with, but are there any types of dogs that I should try hard not to fall in love with?? =)

I definitely don't want a small dog...I have three pomeranians at home in Asia and used to have a small poodle...I'm looking more for a mid-sized and up dog, though I'm worried that I may not have enough time to really take good care of the dog.

And what about cats? My stereotype of them has always been that they're quite distant, but some friends tell me that cats can be very passionate and loyal. True?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Golden retriever. My fave. =)

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Cats!

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Oh jesus man, Not a puppy!! Unless you have tons of time to spend with it, or want to pay for a puppy sitter. Puppy's need attention!! Trust me. I had a golden lab, unfortunately I didn't have time for her. She destroyed so many things. Its like they know whats bad, but they are bad on purpose just to get your attention =). Be careful with whatever dog you get. Know the background of your dog. Otherwise just get a fish or something. Jesus, I sound like Steve friggin Irwin. GOODAY MATE!!! lol.

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Hi Ice-9 I didn't know you like dogs:)

As a cat lover myself I would strongly recommend cats. They can be very passionate as long as you do care about their feelings and 'talk' to them /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Oh and you have to clean their litter box often enough. If you don't they get mad, really!

But my words are biased because I love cats /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

By the way, after tried several times, I still think Jumonji sucks!!

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

trust me on this:

DO NOT get anything that can take a shit.

and yes, get a fish.

7. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Jeff

If you are going to get a dog, I highly recommend you visit your local animal shelter and find an adult dog that suits you. Not only will you save a life but that dog will most likely already be socialized to other dogs, trained NOT to go to the bathroom in the house, and most likely also have been trained in verbal commands such as "sit" and "come". Anyways just a thought, good luck.

the other Nelson in NYC

ps. whatever you do, do NOT buy from a petstore unless they are connected with an animal shelter. Puppy mills are EVIL, that industry should not be supported.

8. Goom

Goom Active Member

I got my dog Dood when he was a baby from a shelter. Doberman Elkhound crossbreed to be exact. Awesome dog. Super hyper. He turned 13 this year, yet he still rips around super fast, and can jump as high as he did eight years ago.

As for suggestions for a dog? Only dog I've ever owned was a doberman elkhound. Very physically fit dog. But from what my dad told me, a German Shepherd is smarter. They're the most popular police and military dog for a reason. Police used to use doberman, but I haven't heard of them being used for a while.

So yeh, my two suggestions are to look into either a doberman or a german shepherd.

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Get a kitty!

I love degs m'self, but they can cramp a young dude's lifestyle. I mean its gotta be a bitch walking it krazy early in the morning! Also, what if you gotta go to a vf gathering?!?! Then you gotta hire somebody to walk it and feed it while you are away. With a kitty witty, its MUCH less stressful - they know where to take a dump and can feed themselves if you leave enuff food in their bowl.

Im with Nelson on this, if you cant commit ample play time with your puppy, then you should just get a nice obedient adult deg. Im partial to Alaskan Malamutes (gorgeous degs), even though they require lots of playtime/attention.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.konstruktiv.net/kitty_02.html>http://www.konstruktiv.net/kitty_02.html</a>

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Christ! Are you trying to kill me Chingdude?! Those flashes were scramberling my brain. Baobab, that's a very good idea.

12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, well, for the last 14 1/2 years, I've had my cockapoo (a now official mix of cocker-spaniel and a poodle) and she is great.
    The biggest thing I urge is to adopt. The kennel associations are horrible. They breed dogs to sick standards, of which most end up having horrible problems in their latter years. There are sooo many dogs out there to be adopted (I adopted mine) that are wonderful. Get a few books from the library and do some research.