1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dojo drills/challenges

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by MarlyJay, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOL tricky what's my name again? XD

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I'll give this a shot on my hitbox lite.

3. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I was able to do this three out of a bunch of times on hitbox...still unable to do it on stick. Twice I got a crouch and once a standing block. I had to relocate the punch/kick buttons to bottom row next to guard and use the slide method to hit [G][P][K][G][P][K][G] correctly. I start to slide my left hand back and forth on the arrows as soon as the icon pops up. So basically both of my hands are moving like I'm scratching on a turntable.

Doubt I'll be able to pull this out in a match where my hitbox isnt sitting on something stable
    but I'm gonna practice more and see if I can do it with the buttons set back to standard arcade layout.

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I got it three times out of 15 on my homemade hitbox. that is one hella rough stagger.

Originally I thought I had it mastered and fast and then I re-recorded the Goh combo and it became appropriately harder.

cobratron likes this.
  5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Can someone test if PK is guaranteed?

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I already have, and it is. [P][+][K] isn't though. I did say it was guaranteed in the opening post, didn't i?

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Got another difficult stagger. Blaze [9][P]+[K] (hit), [6_] RD [K]. I do 't know if it's as tight as the Goh one but I haven't seen anyone break it and I certainly can't. The CPU set to fastest can block it so it's possible.

What is quite confusing though is that I set the cpu to Guard or normal hit and sometimes it would break the stagger but not block the knee yet the knee would still crumple as though it hit a staggered opponent. Why does this happen?

8. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Lol I didn't even read the opening post. I was linked more or less directly to Flash's Video.

9. cobratron

On the Hitbox:

Wave Backdashing

Sqaure/Box dashing

Lord_Hollow and Tricky like this.
  10. cobratron

Updated wave back dash with alternating 2/8 evades

Updated square dashing

Tricky likes this.
  11. cobratron

I seem to get this 3 out of every 5-10 attempts now. Timing is so tight.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    From what I cna tell, you unstagger most of the strikes, but you did not close the staggering attempt with G and get MCed by goh..? :)

13. cobratron

Yea breaking stagger is only half the battle...you still have to time the inputs so that you end on the G. I use Chief Flash's sequence of GPKGPKG

14. cobratron

Ok I got this stagger recover down to the least inputs as possible. Here is exactly what I'm doing:

[6] and [P][K][P][G]hold

I hope this helps people understand whats required to shake this stagger. Now hopefully I can transfer this to some real matches.

Here's a video. Note that I'm only entering 5 inputs total

Combolammas likes this.
  15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

So I understand you're making only 4 inputs? I think you missed a few directionals.

16. cobratron

5...look up :rolleyes:

17. cobratron

Maybe you won't need a hitbox afterall

18. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

na that wrist fatigue is more than just the staggers. All the movement stuff kills my arm too. I know what I need to do I just gotta figure out the chip I need to buy for the duel mod.

19. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Just as an update, as i've said i already KNOW [P][K] is guaranteed. Not gonna name names, but no point telling me you can break that stagger. It just means you didn't buffer Goh's [4][6][P] correctly.

I'm thinking of some new challenges guys. Please share your own as well, but make it actually challenging (for most people).

20. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    The blaze stagger one is possible just difficult. I'll have a think about something else that's challenging though.

One thing I do like to do to warm me up is to set the cpu to randomly tech and I run through basic combos and situations where they can tech and I work on reacting to non techs for down attacks and low throw attemps. It helps me get my head up to speed before I start playing.