1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Double Reversals

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by HunterRose, Mar 23, 2002.

1. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

I was wondering if they added more of these in the game.
    I remember in VF3 Pai vs Pai she was able to reverse her High Kick Reversal.
    Did they add anymore of these?

2. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

I am no VF4 brainiac, but I think the answer is "no". At least I haven't heard or seen any. Frankly, its hard enough for me to get of the reversals at times. Doing a double reversal is me asking for trouble and headaches.

You may want to PM CreeD, as he a tomb of knowledge.

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Pai is supposed to have this reversal-throw against another Pai. Only works for high punch.

"Supposed" because I have never seen anyone pulling it off. Neither have I.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

*coff* little wild.. only against high kick is what you mean, right?

The gist of it was:
    Pai 1: high kick
    Pai 2: b+P+K (reverses high kick)
    Pai 1: P+G (escapes reversal... also known as a 'chicken' in tekken)

I've yet to see any other ones in the game. I think the designers didn't want the game to be about chickens. Being able to high kick with pai and then just tap P+G every time to make sure you don't get reversed... that would suck. High kick for free!@! So it's only in a specific matchup for a limited number of moves.

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

CreeD : <font color=white>Tomb of Knowledge</font color=white>

Sounds like one of those guys who has an echo when they speak. Like people trek for days to ask their questions and bring fruits and gifts ( Maine's way the hell out there BTW /versus/images/icons/smile.gif).

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I am a tomb of knowledge on this board and a scholarly researcher on another. Pretty good for the denizen of a redneck state (as defined by being less than a fraction of one percent not-white) ... anyway! Offtopic, let's see, what might be useful that I can put in the Q'n'A board...

1. Akira's knee, SPoD, and DLC are all mythical.
    2. There are no joysticks produced for PS2 that are suitable for VF4.
    3. Nobody has published a movelist or character specific information for anyone.
    4. Shun Di's a great character for beginners.
    5. The timing for a reversal is to hit P+K slightly after getting struck by an attack.