1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Double Ring-outs

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jul 8, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Was playing the arcade yesterday w/ Aoi, and got to the Lau stage. I went to light up a cigarrette at the first of the first stage, and came back. I PPPK'ed Lau out of the ring. Wasn't really paying attention, but the next round, we both had a point -- anyone seen this in the PS2 version?

I recalled a thread about it once, but I heard it was a Ver. A/B thing that was fixed.

2. ono

ono Well-Known Member

Yep. its happened to me a few times, at the arcade,and on a friends PS2. I think it does that when both characters hit the ground at the same time, or in the vacinity. One time i can remember, i was using Lei Fei, and did [8][P][K][G] [K][K] against i can't remember, and accidentally did a super float, and i landed out of the ring before he did, and he got the point.

-ono-

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Seen it and have it on video. Toronto Residents will recall that two weeks ago we had a nice gathering and I promised a video or two would be internet bound but have since reneged as my hardware is acting up.

Too bad, the double RO is funny. When things are copacetic I will throw all cloaks off.

GE
    <font color="blue">you're just an empty cage, girl, if you kill the bird</font color>

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, I came back, and was like "Wait a minute, this is the 2nd round, right?" SHook me for a bit, and then I figured it out.

5. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Yeah, it happened to me the other day. Kumite opponent. I was Aoi, and my intention was to ring out the opponent with the f+p+k. Well, I did ring out the opponent, but my Aoi stepped out as well. And since my opponent was floating, we ended up landing at the exact same time. We both got the point.

6. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Just now I was fighting a Kage in kumite, in the deciding round. At the edge of the ring, he does his throw (I think it's something like [8][P]+[G],[6][P]+[G], maybe in reverse order or something) where he throws you to the heavens and then catches you and falls with you. We landed out of the ring together, but only he got the point... what's up with that? I thought it would be a double ringout.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Lemonspawn: your head hits the ground first, that's why.

Ring Outs are determined by the first person to touch the floor outside of the ring.

8. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

A good number of Wolf's throws will end up in a double RO if wolf initiates the throw too close to the ring's edge. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Hella annoying.

It's funny though seeing both Wolf and Shun look around the stage with a "WTF, where am I?" look on their face. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif