1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Down kick,kick,kick,sweep

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Akira Taniguchi, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Question for you guys who use Lau,

what ever happened to his three shin kicks to a sweep move. I remember doing it on VF3 but it looks like on VF4 the combo is broken up into two parts which means that combo doesn't exist anymore. The only way to bring it up is a broken down version of it. Basically d+k k ~ d+k k+g which is really slow.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

AFAIK, Lau's quad sweep no longer exists in VF4.

[​IMG]

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Looking at the move list: the triple low kick-sweep is gone as a canned combo, but I'd like to ask what others thought of something else new in Lau's repertoire. It seems that he can sweep after any punch in his PPP combo :-o kbcat told me that Lau needs to hit with the preceeding punch for the sweep to come out... but still, that's just plain abnoxious IMO, especially for a character that has such great float combos to begin with... :p

Lau has the following combos:
    Pd+K+G
    PPd+K+G
    PPPd+K+G
    and these can be mixed into Lau's punch combos like any other of his up/down/lunging knife variations. Ugh.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

He's always had canned punch-sweep, but it was hard to tell because the canned combo was not much different from doing the moves separately. The sweep comes out like 3 frames quicker or something, and that's the only difference.
    Goofy eh?
    I think this ancient obscurity (renken senpuugA!) is the culprit behind piccolo's VF3 bug, whereby doing a superknife and then K+G results and a sweep. The canned sequence is supposed to take place after any punch.
    Didn't know about PPsweep though, that sounds new.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>