1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Down Moves:u+P or u+K

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by JoJoBiZARrE, Apr 9, 2002.

1. JoJoBiZARrE

JoJoBiZARrE Member

<font color=yellow>[::situation::]</font color=yellow>
    I play against another "human" fighter and knock them down. No matter what, if they don't "tech roll" (as called in Tekken) they always get hit by my "down move". The same happens to me when I get knocked down and don't roll, I always get hit.

<font color=yellow>[::question::]</font color=yellow>
    Does everyone go through this problem? Or what should I do to prevent myself from being hit, press the buttons faster while getting up?

Thank you.

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Is some cases, you just can't get away and the pounce is guaranteed. However, and as can be seen from the trial training, sometimes if the opponent doesn't execute the pounce quick enough, or if it is not guaranteed in that situation, you can roll away. In the trial it shows how you should press the buttons and rotate the stick as if you were struggling... You do that while being knocked down, and when you hit the ground, just hold up or down and press Guard repetedily to roll away.

3. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

This part of the game (sabaki?) seemed to play a large role in the beginner/intermediate stages of my game. I HATE getting stomped on repeatedly. With a bit of practice, you can hit down or up and L2 (P+K+G) just as you land every time. This can be done with most, but not all, knockdowns. Worked for me.

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Sabaki moves are entirely different. Even if you don't techroll, you can avoid most pounces (there are a small number of moves, like Lion's d+KK, that have a free pounce barring TR). For the vast majority of situations, you can just mash u/d+G to roll out of someone's pounce. Small down attacks (df+K, etc.) are guaranteed after plenty of throws, most wall hits, etc. and are generally more difficult to get out of, but if you're really taking that much damage from THOSE, your problem is the knockdowns anyway /versus/images/icons/smile.gif