1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamcast Sticks.

Discussion in 'Console' started by geese, Oct 18, 2001.

1. geese

geese Member

Though I'm sure this has been asked before, I can't find any info on it so I'm asking again...

Where can I find a decent Dreamcast joystick? I've made numerous efforts with the official Sega stick and a couple of third party efforts that were even worse. I've also tried modifying the Sega stick, but this only works temporarily. I think I heard someone talking about an Agetec stick. Does this exist? Is it any good?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

www.burn.com.au

very reliable online retailers

oh by the way....next time...if u wanna start a thread that is not VF related...plz do so in the general thread~

No..I am not critizing u. I realised u're new here...so I'm basically informing one of our rules.

Plz don't take any offence to it.

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. geese

geese Member

Understood, none taken. Thank's for the link.

Have you actually used this stick? I've tried the Asci stick and I'm not a fan. What kind of stick is this Agetec? Are we talking tight (Neo Geo), springy (VF arcade) or a loose slut (official Sega DC stick)?

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I cannot help u there
    I never used an Agetec stick b4

My sticks are what u called ' loose sluts'..but they dun feel loose to me at all...in fact, I find them to be very 'springy'
    Incidentally, I like them very much...gives me a very 'Japanese arcade stick" feel...well..to me..it feels closest to the sticks I used in Japan~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. geese

geese Member

Yeah, I've seen people really play with those sticks, but I just can't. It could be my dodgy input skills, but I don't have any trouble with arcade or Neo sticks. Thanks anyway.

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the official DC stick??
    I think it kick ass, good stick, solid board and a cool space for the VMU../versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Actually I never heard of any unofficial sticks..

7. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I think all the sitcks available for the DC are piss-poor. Which is why I ripped the stick and buttons out of my DC stick and replaced them with actual Happ arcade controls (optical stick and 'competition' buttons). Certainly the best option in my opinion -- you can get exactly what you want. Like North American arcade sticks, put on of those in, like the Japanese versions better? Then use those instead.

kbcat.

8. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

Agetec sticks

I've got a pair of the Agetec sticks (well, had, sold one to a friend), and they served my purposes greatly. I haven't used any other DC sticks, but I have used other console sticks, and the Agetec's just feel great. Solid, heavy base, loose stick, non-sticky buttons. Good luck in finding one though. I actually bought one of them from Toys R Us, if you could believe that! Didn't know they sold anything good. I'm looking at a Happ stick for the PS2, but they cost so much! Anyone have one? Care to comment on the quality? After all, VF4 is headed for PS2, not DC. And I'd like to avoid using the pad at all! -_-"

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, actually, I think the Agetechs ARE the official Sega sticks. It's the grey one with the green buttons right? Yup, those are the Agetechs.

The quality of the Agetechs are incredibly varied. I actually refuse to buy one unless I've personally tested it out in the shop. I've tried the most disgustingly loose sticks to near-perfect ones that follow the arcade closely enough. I've tried many home arcade sticks, from SNES to PS2, and I have to say that *good* Agetechs are my favorite and the closest to Japanese arcade sticks.

10. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

I actually use the PlayStation NAMCO arcade sticks.
    They are excellent. U can get a converter to use them on the Dreamcast as well.
    I've also wired some of them up to my Vf3 arcade cabinet.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I have the Namco stick for Tag. Very small base though.

12. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Hmmm what version of VF3 u got?

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!