1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dural and Lau Help

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 26, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

1. For Dural, she doesn't get lighter when she nears K.O. in normal mode for VF3tb Jap version. She only does so in TB mode. Is there anything wrong!!!

2. The combo featured in the VF3-laujang movie thingy had one which pictured Lau vs Aoi, where he whirlwind fanged (K+G) her towards the wall in the dojo, followed by three super knives (u/f+P+K). I can only manage one, sometimes two instead of three. However, when I use Lau against Pai on the roof, I can do much better than the flat ground, and Pai is on the higher edge. What should I do? I'm so confused...

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    1. For Dural, she doesn't get lighter when she nears K.O. in normal mode for VF3tb Jap version. She only does so in TB mode. Is there anything wrong!!!

Nothing's wrong. That's the way it is meant to be. Dural only got lighter in TB.

2. The combo featured in the VF3-laujang movie thingy had one which pictured Lau vs Aoi..

That combo resulted in a KO, right? The KO hit floats higher than it otherwise would, so that might explain why you're having trouble connecting it during play.

__
    Myke

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

However, when I use Lau against Pai on the roof, I can do much better than the flat ground, and Pai is on the higher edge.

As you know, bounce combos hit the opponents so low on the ground, requiring the precise timing. Upward slope in the way lifts the enemy higher. As a result, you do not have to be too conscious about the precise timing. For example, Taka's D/F+P+K bounce-combo against the heavies work better, if Jeff/Wolf are on the higher ground.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

The only thing I have to offer is are you sure that you have the dash in between the 1st and 2nd super-upknives? That was the only thing I noticed was the execution was something like K+G, df+P+K, f+E, df+P+K, df+P+K, df+K.

The reason you will do better on combos like this in the Pai situation you described above is that by moving uphill in a combo it's easier to strike closer to the ground and because of the slope interference, opponents won't float so far away. Many combos that are quite difficult OTBs can be completed more easily on slight uphill grades, though the timing is a bit more tight.

An example is Akira's SDE in the back, b,f+P+K. On flat ground a slight pause on the last move is required in order to land it, but on slight uphills Like Lau's stage or certain portions of other stages, you need to execute the b,f+P+K immediately without pause. Timings change, but most of the combos I've come across that require pauses are generally easier on uphill slopes because the pauses aren't quite so arduous.