1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dural as a boss

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by soulmachine, Feb 20, 2002.

1. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Dural as a boss? I know she's unbalanced and overly powerful/cheap, but most bosses are. Personally I like fighting against a boss that isn't crazy huge (Capcom's Versus games usually have someone like that), or extraordinarily cheap, and for me, Dural fits that bill.

Take Omega from DOA3 for example. DOA has always had the cheapest, cheesiest bosses, but Omega in DOA3 is a whole new level of cheap. Stupid visual effects, bullshit camera angles, fireballs(!) and danger-zone explosions every time you drop his ass. Let's not forget the crap controls.

Dural at the very least beats you "fair and square" without the addition of distracting external elements.

But would you guys rather AM2 made up someone new, or is it cool to keep seeing shinier versions of Dural in each game? Or ultimately does it not matter since Versus mode is where it's at anyway. Just a thought.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

The way I see it you've pretty much answered your own question with your first and last paragraphs but yes, Dural is a pain but at the same time an enjoyable challenge. The story line is far too brittle to withstand a new boss so far into the game and Dural has become part of the furniture in a way that it just wouldn't have that feel if she was axed to me.

3. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

hehe DOA3 last boss isn't that hard once you know whats going on. Theres little signes that show that he will fire a ki blast or a trail of fire. Duck fire and strafe the blast and block right after you send him falling to earth. he also grabs alot so press grab right after you attack him If he blocks it. More then half the time you will counter. Get that down and you will own him everytime /versus/images/icons/smile.gif btw I liked DOA3 contorles :\

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I say no VF without Dural as the ending boss, and evene if you somehow fail to not beat her your still gonna clear though the game.

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

What shinier version of Dural? Beat the clock to reach her and she's almost invisible! Damn hard to fight against a fighter with "phase camouflage" Talk about unfair!

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Esp her p, p GS.
    God damn!

Do u know what is the official time we have to beat?
    I think it's less than 8 mins. We had a discussion abt this a few months ago..we still couldn't figure out the exact time we need to beat.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I don't really care that she's cheap, especially since you don't really have to beat her. So it's more of a "test your skill" thing, at least she's not as bad as Shin Gouki from SFZ2 Gold.

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

No Way ! Way!

A Time Release of three new stages. seems Akira has at least one new/old stage and a new costume to be discovered through successive victories.
    Seemingly, when Lau wins 100 successive victories blood will be vomited by losing opponent.
    Lion shows a particularly different enthusiasm with uf+P+G against woman after a number of successive victories.
    Doral can used, this is determined by time release.
    WolfÂÂfs Giant Swing rotations are controlled by stick. A number-of-rotations can be added by spinning the stick before Wolf releases. This seems to hint at aiming of well timed controlled release for whatever reason. Wolf has a hidden move attached to Jack Hammer throw that needs to be released. Some sort of pin?
    ÂÂgTheir clothes are taken off by f,b,f,b+P+K+GÂÂhÂÂc. by what mechanism this is available, either time release or win streak I do not know. May not be available in NA or Euro release.
    ƒŠƒIƒ“‹ZƒŒƒA

9. Cynn_Samhain

Cynn_Samhain Member

I like her. I especially liked in VF2 the way it was a slow motion/underwater type battle. But the 4th game and it's still her. I like how in Tekken every story is different and all the characters evolve. Of course I prefer VF's fighting style, but it would be cool to change things up a tad.

Like in VF5 let's say they lured Kage in and actualy made HIM into a Dural. The same curse that killed his mother, was now his. Add a Kage clone (in moves) for the bad ass Kage players out there (maybe a long lost sister?) and have him unlocked once you beat him in Dural form.

I just dig things like that. Not to tread on the traditionalists out there, just an idea. If you think about it though, VF has always been the ultimate in "Skill" fighters. Not 2d like Tekken, not pathetic like Toshendin, and all DOA can be is a watered down clone of VF. So when you face Dural, you're facing every fighter in the game. You vs. the world... ALL at once. It's classic!

10. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Honestly, Dural in VF2 is a pain in the ass. She's tough enough to fight against, but the slow speed is just frustrating. The whole "underater" gimmick simply doesn't work. On VF3, otoh, I've found Dural to be pretty easy to beat down, thanks to some dodging and a few footsweeps.

Overall, I don't think Dural is "cheap." She plays by the same rules as everyone else does, only at a higher skill level.

11. ken

ken Well-Known Member

VF2 had the throw AI glitch/method

Dash in and throw worked everytime.

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

VF2 Dural could also be caught in a reversal jam... not that tough really. I liked VF2 Dural, a couple of crazy things that you could do with her.

The only thing I would complain about is that she weighs a ton... can't float her at all worth a damn.

I can't wait to see her complete movelist for VF4. There's going to be some really insane combos possible with her.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

she's cheap only because the game gives her all the moves and combos that, for balance purposes, would never be given to a playable character. You know, like all the tekken dudes. canned damaging combos with quick recovery, etc..

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

No doubt that fighting Dural in VF2 was much more fun than VF3.

15. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Most women cry when you say they "weigh a ton."

16. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

where the hell is this info from???!!!