1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dural blunder

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by killa_priest, Apr 10, 2002.

1. killa_priest

killa_priest New Member

i beat Dural last night in kumite; she showed up in vs. mode last night, but i can find her there today. wtf, do you have to save the system file after you beat her? if so, that's whack. your player file is automatically saved, why can't they do the same thing for the system file?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yah, this does suck... another oversight by Sega. You need to save the system file after you beat Dural in Kumite to have her stay selectable in vs. mode.

Add it to the list:

--Not able to select both kumite characters from the same memory card in vs. mode.

--After you watch a match replay you're sent back to the main menu instead of staying in the replay menu.

--You have to save the system file after each session if you want to keep track of character vs. character and win streak stats.

I'm sure Japanese players noticed these problems... too bad SOA didn't address them while they were translating the game and making sure Shun didn't turn red as he drank more... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

It may not be an oversight for SEGA. There may be some players who do not wish Dural to be selectable in VS MODE /versus/images/icons/smile.gif After seeing Ron (Morpheus) Dural in action, you have to put in 200% effort to fight against her.

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

wat i don't understand is.... i believed that vf1 to vf3 there is auto save system files. how come vf4 doesn't have one?!

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I select both characters from the same card all the time... by switching it between slots 1 and 2 during the select screen /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually..there wasn't a auto system file saving fuction in VF3tb for the DC.

Not sure abt VF2 for the SS.

Judging by their trends...prolly not too~

7. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

There are a lot of oversights/poor decisions IMO.

Dural:

Can't use her in training. (wtf?!)
    Can only play her on her stage. (weak)
    Have to save after getting her. (not that bad)

Other oversights:

No Unlimited Time (this came about when trying to find out some Dural moves/combos... realized I was stuck to max 60 seconds).

No Unlimited Health (not a big deal, but since Dural can only be used in VS, woulda been nice to have unlim health/time like in previous installment of VF... at least I think one of them had it)

Bogus counterhit feature (computer actually tries to kick you or punch you as you do the move, for the most part it doesnt matter, but in some cases, it actually makes some of your moves whiff... lame)

Damage Meter (highest dmg is static. Once you get a high dmg combo, the following combos you do only display damage in the left part of the 000/000 meter, and only for a split second... even less if you have TR/QR on. very very annoying).

Combo Meter (see damage meter, same thing).

Lack of a stage reset and/or a "quick play" for recorded sequences (example, you want to start out in the middle of the training stage to test a combo and how far it carries, you actually have to reposition the character yourself using SE/attacks/ARM etc... better if there was a L2/R2 style "reset" that automatically centered the screen and reset chars back to original position, ala Tobal 2. Another option would have been to make a "quick play" hotkey for recorded motions, here you coulda simply recorded a char taking a quick step, then pressed R2 to play it (when played, it resets the screen/location/chars to the exact location from when you first recorded it).

Anyway, all of that doesn't change the fact that I think VF4 on PS2 is fantastic. Just some oversights that are annoying is all.

ben

8. RED

RED Member

if you switch the card between slots then how the hell
    does the system auto save?
    it is pretty risky to swap slots right after the first auto save
    you could possibly lose data!

9. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Standard procedure: put card in 1st slot, select char, put card in slot 2, select char, fight, wait till it says "can't autosave", put card in slot 1, wait for "can't autosave", put card in slot 2, repeat.