1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

E button Poll...Am2 harrasment

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by AlexMD, Apr 24, 2001.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well since everybody loves the E button I was wondering,can we do a poll on VFDC asking who wants to keep the E button then send it to Am2 in the same way IGN etc has polls like bring PSO version 2 to the US?

Since hearing the new escape method isn't set in stone yet I've been hoping they'll see sense,we've all been playing VF3 for so many years now I don't wanna spend the next five years thinking "I wish they'd kept the old escape method"

So come on SAY NO TO DOUBLE DIRECTIONAL TAPS (for escaping) /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=green>Myke</font color=green> is this possible?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 04/24/01 03:53 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure.... at least they didn't take the Guard button away!!! That would have been the real extreme (anyone wanna go to another forum that has any threads on VF4 ideas and see how many times people have mentioned they don't want the Guard button? I bet more than half of these guys loved MK2 as well though...).

Well, I sent my message to keep the E button, like it'll help, but it didn't hurt... I'm stil supporting it.

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You think someone at AM2 actually CARES what you think? The poll, sending ideas, begging is a total waste of time...

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

oh it definitely is a waste of time, I don't think they even care, just figure that with how much time I use up posting, might as well write a 2 minute comment (which I did).

Too idealistic or wishful thinking? sure, but it didn't feel like it hurt me/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Another penny in the pond that I didn't mind throwing. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 04/24/01 06:21 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

"You think someone at Am2 actually cares what you think?"

Maybe they do,maybe they don't,are you worried you'll strain your index finger taking the time to left click or something : P

I acknowledge your point but for those that don't mind taking part It may not be a waste of time,if you don't want to take part then don't.

I do realize this is most likely futile and that's why I asked Myke if It's possible cause he would be the one spending the time to post the form,If he decides not to then I totally understand I just think that for many people who visit this site It's worth spending a few seconds to <font color=red>try</font color=red> and get your opinion across and if they see a few hundred people with the opinion that a button for escape is a good idea it would have more impact than one person.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 04/24/01 05:29 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Mortal Kombat 2 ruled if that is the MK2 your are talking about that was as close as MK ever got to Street Fighter in my opinion. It was all down hill(for the Mortal Kombat series anyway)after MK2.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Keep the E button?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/dopoll.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="988123327Myke">
    Should VF4 keep the E button?
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"> Yes
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"> No
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"> Don't care
    <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="PollSubmit" VALUE="$lang{'SUB_VOTE'}" CLASS="buttons"></FORM>

I don't know why everyone's hating the new movement system without having tried it. Well, I suppose by the time we all play it, it will be too late. But without the benefit of having any playtesters report their experiences, we're left to our own imagination to make a judgement on something we really don't know much about. And to me, that's silly. Reminds me of a child refusing to eat a certain food that they've never tried before.

In fact, I think the new movement system will serve to emphasise the jump from VF3, just as VF3's movement system helped it jump from VF2. Will this jump be in the right direction? Who really knows? But over time we'll eventually find out.

Although it's been a while now, and I wish I could dig up rgva archives to verify this, but I don't recall everyone getting excited over hearing about VF3's dodge button. I wouldn't be suprised if most of the VF2ers at the time didn't welcome a global dodge system at all. It took a while before people really started using dodges effectively in battle too. You'd hear about people playing VF3 the way they would VF2, and it just wouldn't work. So, are you expecting to play VF4 the way you would VF3? That there is your first mistake.

Wipe the virtua slate in your mind clean and prepare it for something new.

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Re: Keep the E button?

True...True.....

Mad VF2 players bitched about the system of VF3 - i was one of them. But after actually playing the game for a while, i just couldn't/can't go back to VF2 system.

Stop being so paranoid, people. People should play it for a considerable time and THEN judge it, as all this speculation before hand is pointless and a waste of energy - the new movement in vf4 might actually work quite differently from what many here are thinking. Contaminating the assessment of the new movement feature by relating it to how it is applied in other fighters should be avoided, as AM2 has always tried to push the envelope - have faith in those doodz.

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

9. Guest

Guest Guest

"Stop being so paranoid, people"

- the paranoia is deserved. all i have heard about VF4 is negative so far. examples? ok...

1) VF3's spot-on (IMO) throw and throw escape system is being changed (simplified) for VF4.

2) The character shots I have seen so far have not impressed/excited me nearly as much as VF3's did (and still do).

3) It is nigh on impossible to fully satisfy the 'hardcore' VF3 players if AM2 are also trying to reach out to a more casual 'playstation' audience.

4) E button is better than u,u d,d nonsense PERIOD. let's be under no illusions about the 'magic' AM2 are going to do to revolutionise VF onto the next level - THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE for the intuitive E button. Beginners I know even agree on this, so i don't understand at all why sega are changing it.

5) Specific character details in VF4 do not fit in with previous VF games. EVERY costume in VF2 and VF3 looked amazingly good IMO and they were all very well suited to the image the designers wanted to potray for each and every character (lion with his 'teenage' hood and shorts, etc). I actually think lion looks good in the VF4 videos but it AINT lion as i know him.

the list could go on...but i will stop there.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Actually Myke, I did hear that playtest reactions in Japan haven't been all that positive. Of course it's still early so we needn't put so much stock in such things...but the fact that the developers said that they might reintroduce the E button if there is enough demand shows that even they are not entirely convinced that the UU/DD system is the way to go.

After all, in going from 2 to 3 they did what I thought was a pretty thorough analysis of why the E button was the best way to go and it almost seems as though their main reason of going to the UU/DD system is for simplification purposes. I thought the E button was simple enough! Plus, like I mentioned before I would really miss being able to dash forwards and backwards with f+E and b+E...

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm...you know, I don't think Sega EVER had good character design/costumes in any vf game..

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu