1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

E-Sports Bubble About to Burst???

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jun 6, 2019.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    IMO most of the things we don't like about how games are made and sold these days are related to the game publisher's trying to maximize profits through micro-transactions and esports versions of their games. But is all this ultimately going to worko_O

In KOTAKU's Shady Number and Bad Business report, a pretty bleak picture gets painted. The article is long, but it worth the read. Read this article it will explain a lot of the bull!@#$ that's been going on in gaming.

https://kotaku.com/as-esports-grows-experts-fear-its-a-bubble-ready-to-po-1834982843

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

@masterpo
    Kotaku? Ewwwwww! Yuck!:p
    But despite that, I read the whole thing. Interesting article though.

After reading it, I would say, there is definitely alot more going on, in that esports fiasco thing, (if there really is one), that's not mentioned in that article. And there is obviously, alot of ridiculous exaggerations and fake news, behind the whole thing too.

Best way to put it is, I think the whole "esports bursting bubble situation thing," and the news in the article are partially true, to a certain extent, but at the same time, somehow twisted around and super exaggerated on all sides.

Maybe the author of the article, is not part of the twisting around of things and fake news, but instead, reporting what they at kotaku found out, even though she is from Kotaku,.......:p
    But to me, this whole thing seems, a bit artificially exaggerated and fake somehow.:p

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Kotaku has a fairly decent reporting record. I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're usually in the ball park:cool:

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

Yeah. Good point.

5. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

If you could go in the past I bet you could find news and financial reports about NFL being a bubble, just like "serious" people claimed video games are a bubble in the 80s.

6. beanboy

@Citrus
    You wanted VF art? I left a message in the shout box thing, asking if you were looking for custom made, 2d or 3d art. But I got no response.:p

If you are, I wouldn't mind making some, but unfortunately in my case, my pc is down, so I can't make any pics for now etc.:oops:

Is the art you want, for a Virtua Fighter game tournament?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  7. beanboy

@masterpo
    I think e-sports needs all of their bubbles to be bursted. Because they have been stuck for nearly 2 decades, in the nerf patched, watered down, fake hype, over hyped, clunky fighting games loop, for far too long. Literally.:cool: