1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

E3 VF BASH

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

As hectic as the schedules may be (more like, as "free-flowing" as they'll be), is there interest in having at least one organized gathering in LA during the time of E3? Probably Friday night?

Anyways, I'm definitely interested and there are a LOT of people from all over going (VF people I mean). LA, New York, Oklahoma, Vancouver BC, Portland, and many more for sure!

In the absence of MoAT, perhaps we can at least setup an informal tournament around E3. Definitely a gathering.

Who is interested in something that is at least semi-organized (can be organized depending on how many people are interested and think a schedule would work for them) for all of us VF3 nuts from all over the continent to partake in?

-Chanchai

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    As discussed earlier, I'm down, and happy to offer my place (it's near the convention center), as I have a nice TV, and it's relatively roomy.

Spotlite

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, something is definitely going down...Adam, Andy, Sal, Sumeragi and I will be there.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yeah..we all know u have a big ass WEGA /versus/images/icons/smile.gif~~~~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

5. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver Well-Known Member

And from all over the world, apparently... I'm flying all the way from Brazil to LA, not the least reason being hopes of meeting some of the active VF community, and getting some quality playtime down... I'll be there during the week of 14th-21st.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I will be at E3 with Sumeragi and clopin. Even though I have the Model 3 VF3tb downstairs, there's no competition nor interest locally so I haven't studied the game since Sumeragi and clopin left.

Team Fanatics
    Shou-sama
    GameGO! Magazine

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Did i play with you at the sega DC vf3tb station at e3 two years ago? I remember playing with clopin, Sumeragi and a few others, but were you there?

Wow! You work for GameGO magazine - i can't wait to pick that magazine up.

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I was the one with the Gamefan badge that played against you with a scrub Kage (I'm sure there were many ;). Nowadays, I pretty much only play DOA2 HC but the style of thinking is derived from VF and I did kind of play VF3tb for awhile so maybe I can be some sort of challenge for you guys but I doubt it. My knowledge gap is too big compared to the top players on this board but I'll try my best if we get together.

I hope the magazine lives up to the expectations. I would like to do a special feature on how fighting game engines work and go on to explain how VF is a step above the confines of 2D so we can attempt to get rid of the ignorance that's prevalent in the States.

Team Fanatics
    Shou-sama
    GameGO! Magazine Core Editor

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

GO GO GO~~~~
    PROVE TO THEM VF IS NO PPPP GAME~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

10. Chanchai

What are you talking about?! We all know VF is just a big Tekken-ripoff (it's true!!! a review of the dreamcast Myke put up over a year ago says so!) that's no better than Powerstone (but in a limited ring). Bloody hell!!! You all know that none of that compares to the depths of Marvel vs. Capcom 2!!! There's even mathematical proof <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6eb5840c5f4b2b9c432b469182a518c6&threadid=15023>here</A>. ThisGuileKillYa is a freakin' genius!!!!

Shou Sama, I look forward to the article/versus/images/icons/smile.gif A very noble (but tough) effort. Hope you guys include SF3:Third Strike in there as well.

-Chanchai

P.S. Regarding what I said in the above, with the exception of my comments to Shou (which were sincere), /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

11. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Hey guys , I havent had ann competition on VF3 in about a year ( owned the arcade machine ( a pre release on at that ) since september 96 ) .
    I could do with some competition .
    Please contact me at ali@the-nextlevel.com .
    Oh and Shou I am sheduled to meet Matt and Eric the day before the show kicks off right after the Sony and Microsoft press thingies .
    Would you care to join us ?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

It'll be a huge endeavor and I'm not sure how many pages I can use for it. I'm by no means an expert in each style (my background is in Sega and SNK fighters) so I'll have to ask the proficient players out there for assistance when the time comes. In fact, I'd like to start covering the arcade more in hopes of spurring life in the market again. If expert players start writing articles on how to play, we'll have more knowledgable players out there instead of the legions of scrubs.

Team Fanatics
    Shou-sama
    GameGO! Magazine

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Are there any definite plans for some kind of VF gathering at E3? Sumeragi is actually coming by my place today so maybe we'll get some VF in on my Astro City.

Team Fanatics
    Shou-sama
    GameGO! Magazine

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Aight, it's a little early but what the hell.

I propose meeting at the Sega booth near the VF4 demo on the first day at around 5 PM. I can't join you guys on Friday night (promised to attend a show my friend at UCLA is involved in) but the rest of you guys can probably play a bit and just get to know each other better.

We can also meet Thursday night...the NY people and I will be arriving LAX at around 5:45 PM and we're staying at the Ramada Inn at Hollywood. Do we have time to meet up Thursday night?

15. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I was hoping people could all get together on Friday night at my place. I have plenty of room and I want to have 2 DCs going in the 2 front rooms of my house. I have 3 couches in here, so it's pretty well suited.

I'm not really set on a certain time, but I guess we should try to shoot for at least one night when everyone can all get together; in addition to times when only certain people can play.

Based on my experience last year, it seems the tricky part is getting organized, so I think it's good to start planning early, no matter what the plan ends up being.

Spotlite

16. Chanchai

Spotlite, is your place going to be available for Friday and Saturday night?

Shou, do you live in LA?

I'm debating on whether to pop into LA on Thursday or Friday. Probably will drop in on Thursday. Can anyone tell me the typical schedule for E3 (what time I should be there, what time people usually leave)?

-Chanchai

17. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I'm up for that. Not definite yet but Friday night looks good at the moment.

18. Chanchai

I believe I'll be arriving on Thursday night. What did you mean by first day around 5pm? First day for expositions is Thursday, while the first day for conferences is Friday. Did you mean meeting up on Saturday? Or did you mean the first day they put out the VF4 demo?

Anyways, I'm sure we'll figure something out. But I'm hoping to get this thing organized soon so at least there is a big game plan that alternate plans can work around. Hopefully there'll be a good showing at the VF3 bashes/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

19. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Ice, we'll get to LA on Wednesday evening. If Shou-sama and Sumeragi are available on Wednesday, then we can get together. If not, then either Thursday or Friday are better for me to meet up and play some vf. When do you think you'll be finished with your friend's engagement? If you will be finished in time, then maybe you can join the vf-whores, as Friday seems like a good time for most people.

Spotlite is right, the earlier we plan this thing, the smoother it'll pan out!

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

20. Guest

Guest Guest

No, I live in St. Louis (aka middle of nowhere).

I've been to three E3s and this is how it usually goes for my "group". The first day, we usually get there early (I believe the show starts around 9) and stay there for most of the day and at night we head off to SHGL or Pack Mann. The 2nd day, we usually only spend half the day there and then go do something else. Repeat previous step for third day.

Sumeragi and I can set aside time to play but we'll need to know the specifics soon. It looks like we're going to practice tomorrow so he doesn't look that bad (I know I will ;).

Team Fanatics
    Shou-sama
    GameGO! Magazine