1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

easy combos

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by vituual, Oct 30, 2005.

1. vituual

vituual Member

can someone tell me some easy combos for the shlion kungfu guy please i have to get a 4 hot combo to pass the arcade any help would be greatly apprecaited

2. stealth_fox

stealth_fox Active Member

When you say "shlion kungfu guy" I assume you're talking about Lei-Fei?
    [9][K]+[G], [P][P][P] most basic combo. Use the search tool on this site, or go into tactics advice in training mode in the game.

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

http://virtuafighter.com/vf4/lei/

The above link (and the documents below it) is a good starting point if you're learning Lei. Try to take time learning to navigate the site (for instance, the link I just gave you is the page you would get 2 by clicking 'Lei' right above your post). Cheers and gl.

/KiwE

4. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    vituual,

Judging from the few posts of yours that I have read, I don't think you quite understand or appreciate the depth of the game (VF4:Evo) or the depth and knowledge of the people you question on this site. Since I am a noob myself, I am closer to you than I am to them so I will tell you a few things to help you.

1. The brilliance of VF
    If fighting games were women, VF would be the one you marry. Every other game would be an old girlfriend who didn't quite make the cut. By far, VF has more to give you than does any other fighter on the market. The learning curve is very rewarding, but it requires patience and practice. The game is remarkably balanced. You won't begin playing with one character only to find months later that a different character dominates all others.

2. The Knowledge of the people you question
    There is enough VF knowledge to create a college major in VF. Most of the guys on the site who have several hundred posts would have one. These guys tend to be bored with extremely elementary questions and are likely to reward them with a short answer and tell you to use the search tool and/or do the in-game training, which brings me to the next topic.

3. Resources
    VF has the best tutorial and training mode. Learn that first. When you come to this site, use the search function. If you can't find you answer then you create a thread. Most VF/Evo questions have been asked and answered 3 years ago. If you find the answer through research, you will find answers you were not even seeking and improve your game that much quicker.

Oh yeah, playing VF will be a slight help to you in other games. Once you get accustomed to VF you will be amazed by how slow other games move.

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Darrius_Cole said:

If fighting games were women, VF would be the one you marry.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best analogy I have heard yet!

6. happy_GOH_lucky

happy_GOH_lucky Active Member

"If fighting games were women, VF would be the one you marry. "..not really. do u want a woman who is "difficult" and "complicated" ? if video games were woman, you would want to marry tekken5. y? bc "she" is "easy going", " easy to get into" and "hella fun". what is my point exactly? that "If fighting games were women, VF would be the one you marry. " is a poor analogy.

7. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Totally off topic as well...

I'd marry Soul Calibur...

Tekken gets on my nerves...

All the characters in the game got a few combo's that are explained in the game's training exercises. They're under 'tactics and advice' I believe.

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

ID NEVER WANT TO MARRY TEKKEN 5 BECUASE IT HAS TEKKEN 1 2 AND 3 SO IT WOULD BE LIKE MARRYING SOMEONE WITH MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    happy_GOH_lucky said:
    if video games were woman, you would want to marry tekken5. y? bc "she" is "easy going", " easy to get into" and "hella fun".

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you've never been in a serious relationship.

What you are describing is a mistress or part-time girlfriend in my opinion. Someone who will give you a good thrill for a moment and nothing much to offer after that. The more time you spend with her, you realize things that you dont like about her or she can't give you.

A wife is a person that you can experience and share life together in the long run in almost every aspect. Someone that even after you spend a large amount of time with she'll keep you entertained and show you something new about her and about yourself.

I bought T5 and once I played all the characthers and viewed their endings, I had no more interest in it. Sure its real pretty but when I got over the looks, I didn't like the gameplay that much and didn't find it challenging.

I'm still playing VF4:Evo after more than 3 years because I have a lot of fun playing and know that there is still so much more I want to learn as I play. The more time I spend with it, I understand it a bit more and its becomes even more fun.

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Why would you guys want to marry a video game? Marry a real woman.

11. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    [ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a real woman do SPOD ? at +18 /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jide said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a real woman do SPOD ? at +18 /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not If but when I found her I'll let you know.

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:Not If but when I found her I'll let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wont, you'll keep her for yourself! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif