1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EC 4.5 - tekken and VF : EVO tourney... 2/22/03

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by tomhilfiger, Feb 5, 2003.

1. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

DATE : 2/22/03
    SIGNUPS START AT 11:30 AM
    TOURNEY STARTS AT 1 PM SHARP!!

403 EAST PALM AVE.
    BURBANK, CA 91501
    Cross Street Glenoaks
    Phone (818) 846-3590

There will be 3 tourneys held

TTT
    T4
    VF: EVO

ALL TOURNEYS ARE DOUBLE ELIM.
    ALL FINALS will be held on a 65 inch TV.

VF: EVO will be held on a 65 inch TV throughout the whole tourney.

Tournament FEE: 10 dollars per each game.

T4:

1st place - Used 27 inch TV with s-video capability, and comes with an S-video cable for use with the PS or PS2 AND a choice of a PS2 game.
    2nd place- choice of PS2 game
    3rd place- TBA

TTT:

1st place - 60percent
    2nd place - 30 percent
    3rd place - 10 percent

VF4EVO

1st place - 60 percent
    2nd place - 30 percent
    3rd place - 10 percent

Prizes will be announced soon.

Choice of PS2 games are USED games... most games which will be announced here soon.

The place won't be as packed since I'm not expecting more than 60 people to attend this tourney. Hopefully we can get a lot of people out for this tourney! Oh, and yes, since I'm giving out the prizes, if I do take 1st place in the Tekken 4 tourney, the prize will automatically go to the 2nd place.

ANY QUESTIONS? post your replies here

2. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

With the date of the tourney, I'm assuming VF4 Evo will be the arcade version. Will it be played on a cabinet or some kind of supergun rig?

3. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

supergun rig with japanese sticks... hori Tekken tag sticks to be exact...

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey tom, thanks for including us in the tourney!

Spotlite

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Damn. Too bad I'm leaving for Japan on the 18th or else I'd be there for sure!

;_;

6. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

good riddance!...haha jk..damn Im the only one from SD now. Thats weak.

7. vf4akira

you're weak anyway. hehe. you just better be ready for when I return!

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Is it possible to bring and plug in your own stick?

9. akapan

akapan Active Member

which version of vf:evo will be used in the tourney? Will it be version A or B?

10. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

haha... my bad spotlite... i would like to thank SPOTLITE, JOEY, MIKE and I think it was VF4AKIRA??? for lending us the board!! thank u very much!!! seriously... my bad ... =(

11. wesleyzm

wesleyzm Well-Known Member

tom, u forgot andy.

12. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Tom,

you didn't do anything wrong, that was a sincere thanks, Tekken people have been cool to invite VF people to their events lately!

and just so people know, Andy, Mike, Joey and I own the Evo board (which we've been hoarding since we got it a while back, I hope no one takes offense, I guess our humanity just got the better of us, and we were protective of our invenstment; AI got the game about 2 days after we shelled out or serious cash for the thing).

It's a US version A board, and the sticks we made are directly wired to the Jamma Harness, so they cannot be changed with ease. While we've had some issues with the buttons lately, I was thinking about building a small box to house some new sticks for the game, using just japanese arcade parts.

Either way, it'll be working well for the tourney, I promise.

Spotlite

13. vf4akira

well, you can take my name off that "thanks" since I didn't contribute anything. Anyway, I hope I'll be able to make the next one since this EC tourney sounds like a lot of fun.

14. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

spotlite:
    You may want to consider using some common connector like a DB15 so the sticks aren't hardwired and if you need to make backups, you just have to wire up a stick. One of my personal sticks that I use on PS has a DB15 output for the supergun setup out here so I can just bring a cable and plug it in. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

15. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

Does it cost anything to just watch the tourney?

16. akapan

akapan Active Member

Wow, Japanese style joystock! everytime I go to arcade of San Francisco, I had to deal with a huge fat stick and strange setting(for me). That's sounds really good. A friend of mine and me are talking about going there. I am so looking forward to see and meet all VF lovers.

17. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

some changes for VF: EVO tourney...

1st place prize is 70 percent
    2nd place is 20 percent
    3rd place is 10 percent

We'll be holding a raffle drawing for a dollar to raffle off a copy of VF: EVO import version. The copy of VF: EVO PS2 import version will be either mailed, or given in person, to the player who wins the draw as soon as it's released in the US.

18. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

oh yea... and unlike last time... a lot of vids will be going up on Electriccancel.com... so play your best ! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Re: Yusuke's ALIVE!

Hey Yusuke,

You're ALIVE!!! I'll be in LA that week. We should get a group to celebrate New VF EVO Year's dumplings =D We gotta get the TGIVF Fudd & Games thang going again . . . We've turned into the Bay Area VF Bowlers =b

You going with Akira? If not, we should get the group to go. We haven't seen you in ages! Let me know what's the siLE plan and any more siLE tricks from Japan to teach me =b?

20. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

Re: Yusuke's ALIVE!

Ok guys... I just got confirmation that SHOU-SAMA will be in town for EC4.5 ... that's top tier EC competition for us to experience. I'm expecting quite a few people at this tourney for VF... I think LA needs to have a lil gathering before EC4.5 to hype up, and get some practice to prepare for some out of town competition. Oh yea... spotlite, can u call me on my cell?? it's 310-384-0955... We need to talk over some stuff... for EC4.5... or u can just IM me if that's more convenient.

This is probably going to be the biggest VF tourney we've ever had... expect EC5 to be even bigger!!