1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EC4 - VF4 tourney October 26th.. Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by tomhilfiger, Sep 16, 2002.

1. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

hey guys... electriccancel, a tekken site, is hosting our 4th tourney, and we've recently invited two koreans to join us. they're both top Tekken players, but one of them (maddogjin) is supposedly also very good at VF4. We're hosting 3 games, and recently chose VF4 to be our third game. The place where it will be held is within the Los Angeles area, and will be announced within a week. I hope you guys can make it... and I hope to see you guys there.

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

You got me interested since you mentioned the Korean guy. Please make sure to announce to include info about the time and price. Also will we be able to play against everyone casually before/after the tournament?

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Alright, we can prolly make it. A date is dependent on whether we can make it though. If its feasible we'll be there, totally. Mike, You goin =P, you better!!

4. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Ha, count me in after you set a date. I should be there since I will need a vacation from all the house moving and such. lol.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Looks like the date is already set... October 26th (it's in the title of the thread). It appears we're just waiting for time and place.

Very cool that you guys are planning to come out here. Looking forward to meeting you.

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    If you're going to have a VF4 tournament, is it going to be an Evo tournament or version C (PS2)?

Personally, I'd love to see it be on Evo, since that's what most of us are playing now.

Spotlite

7. Solstice0

Solstice0 Member

i assume like EC3 last year, that this tourny will be console only (it wasn't held at an arcade but a vacant space in chinatown). so it'll most likely be a BYO stick\pad affair which is what most people prefer. i don't remember what the entry fee was but expect a $15-$20 range. look around on the electriccancel.com forums for additional details within the comming weeks (dont be afraid to post there as there are nowhere near as many a-holes as TZ). many thanks to Tom and the EC crew for adding VF4 to this tourny. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

8. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    This might the first tournament I'm willing to drive 1,000 miles for (from CO.). If a lot of people are going, and are entering the VF tourney, then I'm seriously considering being there.

9. wesleyzm

wesleyzm Well-Known Member

wow
    vf4 tourney in LA? hell yeah!! i WILL be there with my homies!!

10. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

So which ones of us VFDC people are gonna make it? I certainly would like to go, if I can fit it into my schedule and find a cheap air fare. Hopefully we can organize a big crowd. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. shockwave

shockwave Member

i encourage vf players to attend this event (especially those in cali/elsewhere). maddogjin is supposedly quite good. though this event is more focused on tekken, the fact that maddogjin is good competion should be enough to encourage true vf'ers in USA to attend. also, the tekken players will have their hands full and if anything, i'd like to see USA win at least 1 of the tourneys there. if the vf tourney is a success (if alot attend the vf tourney and if future vf tourneys are demanded), i'm positive the ec.com staff would bring a top VF player from asia to USA to battle. so far they have done so for the tekken series (at ec4, the best from europe AND korea were invited for tekken tag, and if enough interest is shown, in the future i'm sure you can expect some1 like akirakid, chibita, etc to be sponsored for a trip here (just an example, and dependent on interest and availability of asian top players in question--from korea or japn-- and on schedules/visa issues). if possible, can some1 take a poll on this site to get a rough estimate of how many would show since maddogjin is showing up? btw, he is "quite confident" i heard that he can win VF4 tourney in USA ec4. will any REAL usa vf players accept the challenge and try to prove him wrong?

13. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

This post is to see just how strong the VF presence will be at EC4. Please vote accordingly.

PS- IMF and myself will be going for sure to keep the "GLORY" in Florida =P. later guys.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1033438785Blonde_one">

EC4 Poll
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes without a doubt, can't wait to get there!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Maybe, but probably not, still not sure.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />No thanks, I have better things to do, I have to wash my hair. sorry =/.
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

LET'S GO FELLAS!!

14. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Don't forget. I am coming as well. So that's three or so from Florida. Hey Blonde one, hope we don't play in the first round again like in ny. That will be the record setting miles away from home and still end up playing each other. lol.

15. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I think what everyone would like to know is whether or not FeixaQ and the bay area boys will make an appearance. What's up guys? Where you at? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

I can only justify the cost of going if enough players intend to attend this event. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Catherine and I will be there.

18. tomhilfiger

tomhilfiger Member

19. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

VF4 at EC4.. priceless..

20. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I'll be there for sure. This is a very convenient location for me! Doubtless I'll get my ass beat /versus/images/icons/frown.gif But should be fun/interesting.

Anyone know what time it will start? And I saw that it would cost $10 or $15 to join... can I find out for sure somewhere (didn't see it on TZ forums)...

grib.