1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Eileen's Top 10 Moves.

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by CiscoRey, Nov 20, 2007.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Saw this and thought i'd like to comment, but i can't really think of ten moves in particular that stand out for me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

A move i do really like is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I don't use it as much as i should, but when i do, and my opponent begins to doubt if they should punch or not, it can really turn the tide in my favour.

2. Hostile_Evil

Hostile_Evil Member

well scince every one i play with online does not have much experiense fighting eileen. i personaly love her. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif its really crazy to see her in that stance. its a fun mix up but hey her whole dang move list is mix up. i love eileen and this is a no brainer move not by far her best but its one of my fav animation wise.

[​IMG]

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

3P+G doesn't have nearly the dmg potential as 6P+G6.

1) 3P+G struggle is easy to get out of. There are no guaranteed followups so you can't get guaranteed dmg. The sweep, while circular, has a huge risk involved for little damage. It's practically useless, except against opponents who can regularly escape her 4 and 6 directions.

2) 6P+G6 gives guaranteed dmg, and sets up eileen for OM, and leaves her at +1. Landing elbow, LP, or OM P all gives her good frames to work with. This throw has huge damage potential as well when close to the wall.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I wasn't saying 3P+G is better than 6P+G6, that is definatly her best throw option, 3P+G is worth looking at/ mentioning though as it is still a powerful tool.

It's not the struggle of the 3P+G throw that is useful it's just the guess they have to make of is he going to throw again (which they'd crouch to avoid), is he going to use P+K to crouch stagger me?(which they'll stand to avoid). You are still safe after the P+K and both options become very nice if you delay just a little bit. You can also use BT2K to get a little more dmg off which is also safe on block in that you can fuzzy it, or you can use BT2P which is also safe on block you can fuzzy it too. It's still a strong guessing game. A lot of my opponents break out of 4 6 often enough that I've had to make my 3 direction have a decent amount of threat to it, cuz 4 is no slouch either.

5. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

6P+K - Multipurpose move, hitconfirmable CH 236KKK combo, cancels into everything followup 6P+KP also hitconfirmable CH 236 KKK if 6P+KP is evaded you can emergency cancel into 2P+K+G to avoid a bunch of possible moves they want to punish you with from the side. Can cancel into 214P to stop people from evading, 214P combos on CH from both 6P+K and 6P+KP. It's no joke saying that how well you can use this string directly reflects upon your skill as an Eileen player.

6K - Strong whiffpunisher and get-in move at -8 it's safe and gives knockdown on NH, has immense range and can outrange most other opponents fast ranged options.

PP - Has mid followup in PP6P to stop crouchers and goes into cancels effectivley, her second best cancel entry move imo.

K - NH launcher for 6K juggle with good range, can be used for poking and whiff punishment at medium range, after juggle you have setup for OM P tech catch. CH combo for some characters is 6P+KPP making it something to be afraid getting hit by on CH.

236P+K - Can be canceled into whenever you want pretty much, is not that strong when used as a cancel but should be concidered a surprise maneuveur in strings. It's strongest use comes as an okizeme pressure tool where the 236P+KK or 236P+KP can't be beaten out on wakeup depending on how much advantage you were at. For evaders you hve 236P+K3K or 2K mixups or cancel it alltogether into HCB F+P or 2_3P+K, definitley her strongest okizeme tool when you have enough advantage to go for it. There are cases when 236P+KP can be hit out of the air but 236P+KK can't so learning these are important, the 236P+KP+G is difficult to get to track correctly when used as okizeme.

2_3P+K - Midcruch move of doom, knowing when to use it at advantage and disadvantage can pose a good threat since it combos into 236KKK on CH both stance and NH open stance, can be easily hitconfirmed. On block people tend to evade so canceling into 214P is a good choice, 214P+K also.

3P+K - Safe, low CH combo starter with respectable range, provides a good situation for backdashing on NH to force whiffs.

9K+G - Double foot mid launcher, -15 on block, very strong in some matchups like vs. Aoi YY stance for example. Does good damage on all weights and is also her reverse nitaku move of choice since it beats out throws on all frames.

46P - High crushing combo starter that's only -4 on block and has very good range, on block it can connect very shallow so it's a good setup for backdash shenanigans. Does good damage on hit, I prefer P3PK as a universal combo which has OM P tech catch setup afterwards.

214P - Her safest bet when wanting to stop evades as K+G leaves her BT proving very risky when you've been read correctly by your opponent. On CH 214PP is guaranteed for 50dmg and opponent sideturned +4 situation, not conventionally hitconfirmable combo.

--

Throws

HCB P+G - Universaly her strongest throw at 55dmg, gives fairly good okizeme afterwards with OM setups.

6P+G - Situationally her strongest throw depending on walls or ledges, does a lot of damage in these cases. PP6P guaranteed combo afterwards provides good setups.

3P+G - This throw is meant specifically for mindgames, so for some people it will suck while others make good use of it. I concider it her third or second best throw depending on the situation.

P+G - Basically, it's there so you can get to use your other throws, don't use more than you have to to get them to stop breaking the stronger directions.

6. Tricky

Nice to see you back in action Freyja

7. SkatanMilla

I'm always playing, I just don't post on the forums often is all.

8. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

That's weird, I haven't seen you playing VF5 online, and I usually make it a point to look for other good Eillens. What times do you usually play?

9. SkatanMilla

I believe it's because I usualy make it a point not to play online /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

10. Tricky

then you forgive us for assuming you dropped off the scene. I too don't play online nearly as much anymore, lag just pisses me off and messes with my timing.