1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

El Blaze combo thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, Jul 17, 2012.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I like using 3P,P,K in lieu of of 4K,K,P on lighter opponents just because of it does one more point of damage.

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Filling out and posting up some combos today.

Thought this may be worthwhile.

Neonomide likes this.
  3. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hey guys, put up some stuff. If any of you get a chance could you give it a look over? If I'm not getting max damage please let me know and I'll change it up :)

Big thanks to those of you who have been posting up combos in this thread, helps me check my findings and fill in some blanks :)

4. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

looking good seidon

vs. eileen, blaze, aoi, vanessa try

ch 4p+k, 2p, 6_p, 2p+k, kkk 7 hits 92 dmg

also some of the 8p+k combos could use some buffing

8p+k, 2p, 6_p, kkk 6 hits 67 dmg for shun to get the dp

and against other mid characters up to akira try (doesn't work on some of the lower mid characters but the one i listed for shun covers most if not the rest of them)

8p+k, 6p+kp, kkk 6 hits 71 dmg

sorry for not being more specific, i'm just listing what i use off the top of my head and i never really test in the non default stance so stance may be an issue for some of what i just listed.

5. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Okay, here goes...finally got around to working on combos for [4][6][P]+[G] with the opponent's back to the wall:

Blaze:
    [4][6][P]+[G], [2][P], [6][K]+[G], [6_][P], [2][P]+[K], [K][K][K] for 107 dmg

Eileen:
    [4][6][P]+[G], [2][P], [6][K]+[G], [K][K][K] for 98 dmg
    [4][6][P]+[G], [2][P], [6_][P], [2][P]+[K], [K][K][K] for 97 dmg

Lion, Shun, Vanessa, Sarah:
    [4][6][P]+[G], [6_][P], [2][P]+[K], [K][K][K] for 96 dmg

Brad, Lei Fei, Lau, Jean:
    [4][6][P]+[G], [6_][P], [K][K][K] for 86 dmg

Everyone Else but Taka (Aoi, Pai, Kage, Jeff, Wolf, Akira):
    [4][6][P]+[G], [2][P], [K][K][K] for 85 dmg

In all cases except for the heavyweights (Jeff, Wolf, Akira), there's a chance the last kick will do a wall splat -- I'm still trying to figure out the timing but a good example is with Pai and Aoi -- you have to wait to do [2][P], just a moment after their butt hits the ground after the wall slide. You have to wait a little longer on Aoi than on Pai. Those two I probably am able to splat with the most consistency. Maybe you guys can help me figure out a trick to make it work all the time.

Once you get that extra wall slide, use [3][K]+[G] to get an extra few points of damage -- the 85 dmg combo will go to 97 -- 86 dmg will turn to 98, and etc. Doing a ground throw during the splat will add even more damage, but those can be escaped of course.

Shouta, nou and Seidon like this.
  6. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Found some gimmicky stuff this weekend.

[2_][6][P][+][K],[4][P],[K],[P] (Opponent techs in place) [4][6][K],[4][K],[2][P][+][K], [K],[K],[K]

Because [4][P],[K],[P] makes opponents fall face up head towards, they recover back turned if they tech in place. It works from [6][K][+][G] launcher as well. Unfortunately you're not likely to get good players to tech in place from face up head towards, so this is more a shenanigan than anything else.

[4][6][P],[P],[2][K] also makes opponents fall face up head towards, but it's got longer recovery, so it's harder to utilise.

On Jean, Counter hit [6][K][+][G], [6][P][+][K],[P],[4][6][P],[P],[2][K] (Opponent techs to side) [3][K] forces side guard. Needs more experimentation.

Edit:

This works only in CLOSED stance up to Jean. Doesn't work on Jeff, Wolf and Taka. I love it though. Timing is very lenient and the Ks are mashable.

EDIT EDIT!!
    Whoops! I meant to say CLOSED STANCE. Fixed.

nou likes this.
  7. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

nou and Seidon like this.
  8. El_Twelve

Oooh nice. It's already in very easy to read format, so maybe I'll just translate the Japanese.

means both stances.

means closed stance.

means open stance.

OM or DM means offensive move or defensive move.

見えないKキャン means to just hit G during recovery frames. For some strange reason this allows for certain juggles which are otherwise impossible.
    1F消費 means 1-frame delay. Whenever you see that, it means buffer a dash or crouch dash, and the next move executes 1 frame faster.

ちょいダッシュ means a short dash/crouch dash

相手背中側 means towards opponent's back

相手腹側 means towards opponent's front
    避けキャンセル means evade and cancel with dash.

ちょい遅らせ / ディレイ means slight delay.

背後 means back turned.

9. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    A couple other things to note about the properties of this throw -- even if you're not exactly perpendicular to the wall, Blaze will automatically realign himself during this throw, just like a typical wall throw. For the most part, this keeps combos consistent.

The other great thing is that these [4][6][P]+[G] wall combos aren't stance-dependent, since the throw animation puts your opponent in closed stance automatically.

10. El_Twelve

Ok, just a bit of stuff again.

[6][K][+][G], [4][K],[P],[P], [6][P],[K]

Surprising amount of damage for something quite easy. Does almost as much as a bound combo.
    Works on heavier characters on counter hit. Doesn't work on Taka. On lighter characters, if counter hit they flop over during [4][K],[P],[P] so you have to delay the uppercut and let them fall lower before hitting them. Easy to visually confirm this though.

[9][P][+][K],[K], RD [K], [2][P], [4][6][P],[P],[K]

Works on all except Akira, Jacky, Wolf, Jeffrey and Taka. For Wolf and Jeffrey, replace the [2][P] with standing [P] and that will work. This requires a bit of timing, because standing [P] whiffs if you buffer it, but hits if you delay input a few frames.

This combo does only a little less than others from the RD knee crumple, but opponent falls face up head towards, so if they rise in place you get the back turned combo. In theory this should work with [4][6][P][+][K] crumple, but I forgot to test it.
    Opponent back turned [4][6][K], [4][K], [2][P][+][K], [K][K][K]
    Opponent back turned [2][P][+][K], [2][P][+][G] works but doesn't count as a combo

Side note from that, it seems very few characters get hit with standing P after RD [K] crumple, and it requires specific timing. I've only gotten it to land on Wolf, Jeffrey, Jean and Taka.

11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Do a 2P after that crumple. For instance my staple combo after the rd K crumple on lightweights is 2P,P, 2P+K, KKK. For heavier characters remove the bound and just do KKK.

12. El_Twelve

OMFG Seidon!! You just gave me a great idea!!

[9][P][+][K], [K], RD [K], [6_][P], [2][P][+][K], [K],[K],[K]

Just tested! Works on Wolf and Jeffrey! :D

HEAVYWEIGHTS ARE NOTHING TO MEEEEE!!!!!

Also just tested. The [4][6][P],[P],[K] stuff does not work from counter hit [4][6][P][+][K]. :(

Phoxx likes this.
  13. El_Twelve

One more which I'm not sure if it's old news. Apologies if it is.

OM towards your front side, [K][+][G], [P][+][G]
    Since the kick hits side turned, it turns your opponent right around and allows you enough frame advantage to combo with back throw.

If you OM to your back, the kick turns the opponent to face you instead, but still gives you a free throw attempt.

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah, Blaze has a good few linked throw attempts. I think my favourite one is after [3][P]+[G] you can do [3][K] and you have enough advantage for a throw attempt.

:)

15. nou

nou Well-Known Member

^ Another one to add to Seidon's post, after the 3 [P][+][G] do 4 [P][+][K] then [P][+][G] which is his BT Throws. It's all guaranteed.

WHY THE FUCK DON"T THE ARROWS SHOW UP!

16. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    oh wow, that is sick

17. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Yeah, another El Blaze player here in Seattle did it to me during a tourney. Later told me, it's all guarnteed. I couldn't even hate on it, lol!

18. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    [1][2][3][4][6][7][8][9]

*Has all the arrows...

Nice tech though.

Edit. It appears that the clickable arrow icons don't work. You have to add the brackets yourself.

19. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Can't seem to get this one to work -- after 3 [P][+][G] and 4 [P][+][K], opponent in the dojo is facing me and at -7, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Ah I see now, I read this wrong and thought I'd be at enough advantage to keep the opponent backturned and get a backthrow in. Just tested it with a dojo dummy and can see how it's guaranteed, very nice

20. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

Yeah, I discovered this the other night while checking the frame data and it's pretty much guaranteed, I think. Throw is +17 Adv, 4P+K is 16 start up, so you land it and the opponent is forced to stand and turn around. You get the backturn off 4P+K and the P+G is untechable so it's guaranteed.

I actually need to test to see if you can step after the 4P+K but I don't think it's possible though. If it can't be stepped, then it's 70+ damage guaranteed if you get the 3P+G.

Femto forgets I actually have an account here, I just don't post too often. =P