1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze Content

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by 001, Jan 29, 2014.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

So couple weeks ago I was asked to help with content manager duty for Blaze and have been slowly filling things out. There's still alot of work to be done but I just want peeps to know there are updates to check out and that I'm gonna try to do my best to add things whenever I can.

As of now everything is kinda in rough draft phase but here are links to what's in so far.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/elblaze/
    http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/el-blaze-move-analysis-vf5fs/
    http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/el-blaze-strategy-vf5fs/
    http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php?ver=5fsa&chara=elblaze

Let me know what you guys think or if there are any questions or concerns. Alot of the strategy and move analysis is mostly just based on my opinion so any input from you guys is always welcome. Still alot of combos to add and details to fill in on how to land some of the ones that might seem difficult. Also i need to format the strategy with the proper command inputs and fix alot of sentence structure. Anyways let me know.

Neonomide, Kamais_Ookin, Zass and 3 others like this.
  2. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Looks beautiful! Lots of great content. I especially liked the way you go into uses of each move. If you have time, it would be great to add a section on how to fight against El Blaze too.

3. 001

thanks for the feedback. :)

as far as a how to fight against section i'm thinking maybe like a strengths vs. weaknesses section will give other characters an idea of how to fight blaze as well as give blaze players a heads up on what his shortcomings are. but as for now i pretty much list drawbacks to almost every move in both strategy and moves sections. so pretty much any player can look at that and figure out their best options.

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Didn't see a mention of 4pk(p) in the strategy section! That move is awesome!

Also spotted some mistakes in regards to nitaku, for example after 3k CH, you say you get another nitaku situation, but in this case 3k will push the opponent back too far to throw them, so there is actually no nitaku even though you have a big amount of advantage :(

Nice job anyway, Blaze deserves the love. Man I want to play!

001 likes this.
  5. 001

4pk, i think i mention it a few times as a good poke but in the outline they give us i couldn't find a good place to make it stand out.

good catch on 3k, i totally forgot about the pushback on ch. i'll fix that right now.

6. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    4PK is easily top 10 moves material for Blaze, how can it not be in the strategy section?

7. 001

if you read it, you would see it mentioned under general strategy. it's not really highlighted or focused on though. i can see how it is missed. i'll figure a way to put more emphasis on it.

but yeah, let me know other things you guys feel is important and i'll add to it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Haven't read the strategy portion but I've noticed that you have 4PKP listed in punishers but no KKK listed for -14 - -15. Also Taka specific, does 1 point more damage than P+K,P,P and gives you RD possibility.

001 likes this.
  9. 001

good catch. i totally forgot about kkk as punishment for taka.

10. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

Random request... Is there a printable version of the vf wiki pages?

11. 001

i'm thinking about making a text only copy to google docs once everything is finished but that may not be for a while.

12. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I started playing again for a bit, and found that my vanilla tactics at a distance werent working at all. My main fault was in relying on 6k too much, which was awesome in vanilla, but seems heavily nerfed now in terms of range and the fact it no longer launches on CH but instead provides a nitaku situation (if you use rd).

Now, it's important to have a move that scares the opponent from just throwing moves at you from a distance, especially for our little handicapped dwarf, so I went through his movelist to find some things. What I found was that aside from the usual whiffpunish suspects (43kg etc), 4p+k works brilliantly. Yes, it leaves you backturned, so it's quite risky, but the payoff is quite good. There is also no other move that blaze has that fits the purpose.
    I also found that 4p+k is essential in putting together a tight nitaku game, because most of his other moves simply lack the range to hit the opponent if he tries to backdash or use some other evasive move. You have to be careful of course, but it's a great 'stop the bullshit move' :)

Hope this is of some use to someone!

001 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  13. ItSupah

ItSupah Active Member

PSN:
    ItSupah
    XBL:
    ItSupah
    Was RD against tech-roll banned??

Cozby likes this.
  14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

15. ItSupah

ItSupah Active Member

PSN:
    ItSupah
    XBL:
    ItSupah
    I never see other Blaze players go into RD to attack tech-rollers

16. ItSupah

ItSupah Active Member

PSN:
    ItSupah
    XBL:
    ItSupah
    Good move analysis but maybe you should put the mindgame alternatives in there for people.
    Example: When [3][P][P] gets guarded you can Mixup [K] and a throw. When they start fuzzying you use [4][6][K] and setup another mindgame

17. 001

i'll go over the move analysis again in a couple of days.

18. ItSupah

ItSupah Active Member

PSN:
    ItSupah
    XBL:
    ItSupah
    [2]After moves like [6][P][K] or [P][+][K][P][P] Blaze can do a [2][K][P][K] follow up. You can techroll away from this. but when they do that you could do tiger steps instead of
    [2][K][P][K] and setup another mindgame. If they techroll after [2][K][P][K] you use
    RD [9][K][+][G]. If they don't you can use [3][P][+][K] or RD then jump [P] while rising. NOTE: Heavy characters dont get hit by the follow up if [6][P]([K]) wasn't a counterhit. Just use a ground attack against them.

19. ItSupah

ItSupah Active Member

PSN:
    ItSupah
    XBL:
    ItSupah
    If a RD [9][K][+][G][K] hits You can use another [9][K][+][G] If they don't decide to techroll you can keep doing follow ups untill they try to tech roll in the middle of it...
    RD [K][+][G][K] RD [K] [6][K][+][G] [2][P] [3][K][+][G] [2]([3])[P][+][G] or [3][K]. If they techroll in the middle of this use tiger steps.

20. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Best Avatar Ever