1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So yeah, unless someone else wants to do it, I'll make a thread going over RD, how to defend against it and the strings that lead into it. I figure in the spirit of leveling up and getting more info out there this isn't a bad thing.

2. WickN00b

WickN00b Well-Known Member

^Yes, please do

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Just finally had the time to really sit down with the game and looking around with different characters.

"You can replace the 6PK in RD, 9K+G,P, P, 6PK to KKK for 11 more points of damage." 9k+g,p>6p+k,p>kkk is actually possible for 84dmg as compared to 76 here. RD is insane now.

Spit on CH = +15f = free 6pk after easy mode or a modified 2_6p+k if you're really quick with 336p+k.

26p+k, p, 2p+k, kkk listed here earlier I cant get to connect => change to 2_6p+k, 2p+k, 6_p, KKK to get it to connect. That's a legit 73dmg 15f punish when you modify hammer.

p+k+g parry = free 6k+g for 84dmg. You can combine parry and spit with a throwescape as a tech.

"side crumple 3k, 9p+kk, 6p+kp, 6pk" Can end with KKK instead of 6pk for more damage against LW's as seems to be the order.

--------------------------------------------------------

Throw oki examples vs risingkicks (cause everybody whores wakeup kicks like crazy right now);

Midkicks won't be circular evade and do 6k+G:
    4_6p+g
    3/4 p+g
    9p+g catchthrow
    p+g

Do 33 (cd back) 6P+K vs midkicks:
    6p+g
    46p+g
    6_4p+g (CD forward instead of back, you can 9p+k k etc also)

Do 1p+k (amazed this avoids mids):
    4p+g for instance for combo

If you want to crush (with double collision move with most damage wins so the moves with most active frames (makes it easier) are k+g (7 frames) and 9k (7frames) actually.

8P+K to combo low risingattacks.

---------------------------------------------------

Remember that opponent first recovers crouching, this makes certain combos great for instance 46p+k (CH) > 2p > 3ppk (opponent techs) > run after 2p+g as they're coming out of the roll crouchthrow. 2KPK > RD for other forms of mixups instead of 3ppk (but here you're in general to close for for instance the throw but dropkick works).

OM P (or Jab on sideturned in general) is +4 now setting up a CH 3k (16f) perfectly.

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So I have some of the post on the NW matchmaking thread just wanted to add a few more details so nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow, but no later than Saturday.

Gotta start getting that info out!

Awesome post KiwE!

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So to practice this, how do I set this up?

Mid-Kicks are showing up as circular now matter the speed or if they roll or get up without rolling?

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm gonna have an info dump in this thread during the weekend.

Keep an eye out!

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Midkick after those throws will just be semi circular and not fully circular due to the knockdown position (I'm guessing there are more opportunities but I just went through after throws) so you can evade in one direction after those throws just look at the arrow in practicemode. So to set it up just put the computer on rise with midkick and do the throw listed as a start > evade and punish.

8. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

6PK is an amazing side step killer on delay. What's great is that you could hit confirm it. Once they get use to it, you could start setting up your throws more frequently. This game has been a true test to my Blaze compared to vanilla. So setting frequent baits is the name of the game for Blaze....What a headache is been so far.

Going to test more strings that benefits the little guy on track ability and advantage.

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Don't know if known but RD low dropkick > 2p > 4kpp. I was doing 2p 6pk all the time earlier ^^

10. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

4PK being delayed as necessary is still a wakeup monster for me. So many hit confirms into RD to Deja Vu X_X

11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Combos:

[8][P]+[K]

[6_][P], [2][P]+[K], [K][K][K]
    Damage: 75
    Works on: Eileen, Aoi, El Blaze, Sarah, Vanessa, Lion.

-----------

[6][P]+[K][P], [6][P][K]
    Damage: 62
    Works on: Pai, Goh, Akira, Lau, Lei-Fei, Shun-Di, Brad, Jean, Kage.

-----------

[6_][P], [2][K][P][K]
    Works on: Wolf, Jeffry

-----------

[6][P][K]
    Damage: 45
    Works on: Taka

[​IMG][6][P]+[K]

[6][P]+[K][P], [6_][P], [K][K][K]
    Damage: 72
    Works on: Eileen, Aoi, El Blaze, Sarah, Vanessa, Pai, Lei-Fei, Shun-Di, Brad, Jean, Lion, Lau

--------------

[6][P]+[K][P], [K][K][K]
    Damage: 69
    Works on: Jacky, Goh, Akira, Kage, Jeff, Wolf

-------------

[2][P]+[K], [6][P][K]
    Damage: 57
    Works on: Taka

Some more notes from this morning.

With your stomach facing toward a wall and your opponent alongside [1][P] will give you a side wall hit which can be followed up with a volcano knee ([6][K]+[G]).

Similarly, with your stomach to a wall [3][K]+[G] will result in a wall splat which allows for a huge damage followup.

Vs taka [4][K][P][P] combos naturally and leaves blaze at +4
    [P]+[K][P][P] also combos naturally and scores you a knockdown.

Punishment wise you should be using:

+12 - [P][K]
    +14 - [​IMG][6][P]+[K]
    +17 - [6][K]+[G]

If I get to play again soon I'm gonna look at max sober stuff, test combos from 1P+K and see what I can do about ringouts.

As before the combos I list are not necessarily max damage, they are the maximum damage without worrying about open/closed. If anyone finds higher damage please please please post it up!

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Also, worth noting that 46ppk is +9 on side block

13. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I think 4p+k is much better now. It's -6 on block ad leaves you back turn which is a bit shit but the CH combo is great and you're +4 on NHL and while back turned K is a 15 frame mid which works nicely when you consider tht you also have a nice new back turned throw.

On block you can backward crouch dash to escape some scary stuff but I wouldn't rely on it.

14. UKD

UKD Member

Damn, lotta stuff being posted here since I last checked. All of them lovely, though. Gonna test out what KiwE & Seidon posted in the not-too-far future.

You guys want I should research into Blaze's block-safe moves and post them in a list here? Just as a reference for his various pokes and their frame data.

15. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    His frame data is already on vfdc! Right at the top of the screen it says "Commands" just click on that and go to El Blaze

16. WickN00b

WickN00b Well-Known Member

thanks for posting those combos Seidon.

damn, I didnt even realise you could combo after it...and I use it all the time! my mind is blown.

17. Wesker21

Wesker21 Member

Great stuff everybody. Lots of things to learn and not enough time to play XD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[6][P]+[K][P], [6][P][K]
    Works on: Pai, Goh, Akira, Lau, Lei-Fei, Shun-Di, Brad, Jean, Kage.</div></div>
    I believe some of the characters in that list are also susceptible to [8][P]+[K],[6][P]+[K][P], [K][K][K]. I think I've had it connect on Pai and Lei-Fei, maybe Goh and Brad too. I will try to test it later, maybe it was and online thing.

And by the way, what are you guys using after a [4][6][P]+[K] CH? I'm just doing [2][K][P][K]~[6] into RD oki shenanigans for techers. Surely there are better options?

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah they are but it doesn't work in both stances. So that's why ommitted it.

19. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    A little tip for people new to the game. When using stuff like [4][3][K]+[G] hit throw you can learn the timing for the followup throw and input the move as:

[4][3][K]+[G] ~ [P]+[G] [3][3][G]

This allows you to connect on the kick and go into the throw but if it gets blocked you will fuzzy guard. Obviously if you always fuzzy you can be punished but it's a nice little technique to have in your bag.

20. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Great stuff Seidon, I'm looking forward to trying all this stuff out! I'm surprised you didn't mention his [4][P]+[K] combo starter though, but maybe it's somewhere else in the thread. Regardless, I'll take a moment to share my observations with the move.

First off, use with caution: you're in bad shape if your opponent dodges, and if your opponent blocks you're normally, at the very least, in a side turned situation. Also, your hit checking has to be on point!

On normal hit you're at +4. [K]~[P]+[G] has great range and will easily hit a back-dasher, and [2][K] or [P]+[G] will catch evaders. +4 isn't that much advantage though, so let's take a look at CH.

Combos vary by weight, but everyone except Taka will get hit by [4][P]+[K]>[2][P]>[6_][K][K][K]. Against Taka, try [4][P]+[K]>[8][K]>[6_][K][K][K] for some very nice damage

I hope this helps some of you, cuz it definitely helped me... I've decided I'm not gonna use this move as often as I have been lately! It was great in VF5, but with clash gone and side-turned in, there's too much risk and not enough reward ~