1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I mentioned it a few posts up!

Having trouble catching backdashing with blaze's 3K [​IMG]

Here's another neat note:

46K has followups on hit and guard now. On hit you can push [6] to go into RD on guard you can push [4] to flip off them into RD. however if you input the move as [4][6][K] ~ [4][6]/[6][4] you don't have to worry about missing the racer discharge regardless of what hit happens!

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

"+14 - Use Hammer". Seidon due to inputs of hammer it has to be a +15 situation for punish as 33 will cost a frame.

3. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I was punishing +14 with it the other day. I thought it took a frame for it to register as well but it was even showing up as a counter hit.

It might be worth mentioning that I input shadow hammer as [6][2][3][P]+[K].

I'll check this again when I get a chance.

4. Wesker21

Wesker21 Member

Never thought of inputting it like that, I will try it as soon as I can since I'm very slow with the crouch dash cancel method.

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

The only way to get it out in 14 is if you guard a lowmove that's -14 but keeps the opponent standing. Can't think of any. What -14 move were you punishing it with? If it showed as counterhit that would mean it's atleast a mC from what I know which would mean that the move was atleast -15. If you looked wrong and the move was -17 that would make more sense ^^

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    [3][3] moves can be buffered as 14f, but you have to put the entire input into the buffer basically. I was testing Goh punishing with 33P the other day.

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I was trying this method last night and mostly got his [3] [P] [+] [K] move. Gonna stick the the [3] [3] buffer method, as I need to work on my CDs more, in general.

How does an El Blaze video thread sound? Where we post vids of ourself for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and what not?

I feel I already know what I need to work, but outside advice from other El Blaze players couldn't hurt.

8. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm playing on a pad so it's possible I'm going through other directions too.

I like the idea of a video thread but I don't have the means to upload videos of me playing [​IMG]

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I'm down with the video thread. Also, I'm been using demo filp kick on tech rolling opponents on meaty, so good. Going to make a thread about it soon. Got some nice setups with it.

10. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Sounds interesting, man.

I haven't really looked into oki as much so far but I've been using 6K and volcano knee on rising kicks a lot. If you can demon tail the wakeup kick that would be too sick!

11. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Yo guys a small upgrade to the hotdog stand. [​IMG]

The combo most of us have been using so far from 46p+k is probably the 46p+k CH, 2p, 2kpk combo (67dmg) as it's what is listed.

However against MW's (Goh and Brad tested confirmed):
    46p+k CH, delay 2p, 6_p, kkk is also possible and is 73damage.

Against LW's and maybe a few more (Sarah, Pai, Blaze and Lion tested confirmed):
    46p+k CH, delay 2p, 2p+k bounce KKK is possible for 80damage. [​IMG]

12. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So one thing I stumbled upon last week while trying those Oki setups that I couldn't get.

You can time El Blaze's Low Dropkick from Jump against the opponents Wake up mid-kick if the roll to either side. The kick won't hit, but their kick won't hit either and you can throw them before they have a chance to recover from their kick. It's really high risk, but something you guys might want to play with.

13. ShinobiFist

I've been working with OKI setups for awhile now. After a 66P+G throw, if the opponent does a quick tech-roll into a attack, a meaty 3P+K(P+G)will connect. Been using it offline and online lately. At least after this week, I get to play the game hardcore, haven't had time since launch. BTW, that drop kick idea sounds rather interesting, going to try that at the tourny today.

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    All brilliant stuff, guys! I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm gonna start looking at some oki and gimmicky stuff. secret, hot dog academy blaze tech.

I'll keep you guys updated if I find anything good [​IMG]

15. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i didn't see much vs. taka so i decided to put up the stuff i've been using since i hate fighting him and having to remember what works. some stuff might not be optimum but everything is pretty easy. remember that normal hit 6pk doesn't knockdown and you are -2 on hit :p

8p+k, 6pk 45

2_6p+k, 2p+k, 6pk 57

6k+g, 6p+kp, 6pk 65

61234pk, 6pk 59

from rd 9k+gp, 6pk 58

from rd k crumple, 6pk 61 ( after 66k stagger, 46k stagger, etc)

p+k+gp, kkk 56

2p+g, 6pk 43

jumping p descending, 2/3p+g 50

jumping k descending, 2/3p+g 50

momentary touchdown k, 2/3p+g 60

bt k+g, 2p+k, 6pk 61

bt 8k, p, 6pk 60

ch 46p+k, kkk 62

ch 4p+k, 8k, kkk 85

ch 1k+g, 2/3p+g 60

ch side crumple from 3k, 9p+kk, kkk 80

taka back close to wall 46p+g, 6pk 73

taka back close to wall 6k, 4p+k, 8k, p, 2p+k, 6pk 104

blaze back close to wall 66p+g, 4p+k, 8k, p, 2p+k, 6pk 104

some strings that have a natural combo on taka

p+kpp 48 knocks down

4kpp 49 no knockdown

ch 2kpp 51 no knockdown

ch 2kpk 55 no knockdown

ch kkk 50 knocks down

16. ShinobiFist

Thanks for the Taka stuff. Haven't really had a chance to breakdown Taka yet. BTW, if you jump over a tech rolling opponent while they're about to attack, you get a guarantee back throw on your opponent. Tried it on the Stream this past weekend vs AssassinCP....But he demolished me [​IMG]

17. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Happy B-Day ShinobiFistInBitchesAsses! Get em!

18. ShinobiFist

LOL! Thanks my dude [​IMG]

19. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I posted some taka combos and natural stuff. The matchup itself feels kinda one sided in general. Especially in regards to damage output and general safety. Feels like I win a round vs taka with around 6 correct calls but he can do me with two and he doesn't have to open himself up as much to find an opening, doesn't have to overly commit to a launch.

I can still win against him but he definitely gives me the most trouble in the game so far.

I'm gonna go over shun tomorrow. Specifically max sober combos and probably response to his shenanigans.

20. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Messing about with some stuff at the moment. If you check the box live replays (or friend replays if you have me on your list) there's a video I just uploaded which shows a few blaze combos and the 46k option select.

It's against a new guy but it's still quite interesting if you wan to see potential damage output with blaze.