1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    46pk is great vs a side guard. The mid followup is delayable and beats stupid attacks. If you get a side ch with the k thenthe final kick is guaranteed for a stagger and some nice damage.

I may have found a tech trap where you can catch your opponent with blaze's low throw from rocket disharge. More on this when I have time to test it.

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

3. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    That was posted a few pages back![​IMG]

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

You could combo of his 46P+G by the wall. 2P, KKK. That's all I could get as of now. 85Damage on Jean and Akira. Haven't tried it on others yet. BTW, we need a all out combo thread. Fuck it, I'll start it tomorrow. It will be very detail.

5. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I've covered that already. Has anyone even been reading this thread? Do 2kpk then 6k+g for, like 95 damage iirc.

6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Got 2nd again. A solid Lion vs my garbage El Blaze doesn't make a good combination in my favor.

7. Bloodevil

Bloodevil New Member

Hi everyone, is there someone who found something interesting to do after the spit ?

And how many frames for a foredash [​IMG] ?

8. HiryuZeroTwo

HiryuZeroTwo Member

That's doable with any low throw on a side tech. It's kind of easier to just get the knockdown, crouchdash forward as they sideroll and low throw during the forced crouch frames. Any character can do that if they have the right spacing and timing.

It's dependent on what was used to float the opp, and starting RD at the precise moment they start the tech. Also, the throw from RD must be initiated earlier than you would think so it hits active frames while the opp is in forced crouch frames before he stands from the tech.

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    The main difference is that the rd throw can't be escaped. I'm sure they could punch their way out of it regardless. It is a catch throw though so it will likely beat wake up lows.

10. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I really need to get these combos comitted to memory. I'm missing out on so much damage.

11. ShinobiFist

That post was meant for gaf, not here, LOL. Also, I forgot you mentioned it, sorry [​IMG] Don't kill me fellow blaze brother.

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Nah, it's cool man. I couldn't kill another Blaze player. Too few of us at the moment!

13. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

Blaze playesr gotta stick together, of course.

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Have a weeks holiday coming up because my work didn't pay me on time.

I'm going to get a lot of things VF wise done this week.

Going to post up tips fro sobering Shun, how to kick Taka in his fat ass, sideturn stuff for blaze, guaranteed throw attempt situations, oki, I'll finish off combo lists and I'll look at wall carry combos and Blaze's wall and throw game in general.

Any requests for anything else? I'm gonna have a lot of free time so I'll spend it in the dojo.

15. ShinobiFist

just post away, I'm going to be free as well come Sunday. So, I'll see what I could find that hasn't been posted(I'll make sure I read the thread just in case :p)

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Winner Brackets

0:56-1:05

Grand Finals

1:46:13 - 1:58:40

http://www.twitch.tv/gameclucks/b/323047260

Alright, so my weaknesses as of late have been damage output and not covering myself properly. These are from last weeks tourney, btw. I think I got it this time, so I wasn't going to post this, but since I thought that during THIS tourney, it's obvious I need some help. Again, I feel I know what I need to work on, but some other opinions would be nice.

Please send through PMs. Thank You!

17. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Can say after watching Shiro play this weekend at Evo everything I thought I knew about blaze almost went out the door. Pretty much worth it to put every YT match he did here in this stream guy was amazing

18. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

I learned quite a bit from watching Shiro play in the finals and in casuals so yeah, lots of cool stuff. Working all of it into a style of our own is going to be interesting.

The 4P+K into 11 then 6P+K from the crouch position was a great bait and damage source though Fuudo and I think Itabashi eventually figured it out. It'll be a nice tool in the arsenal to have though. The combos he did and the ways to connect them were quite enlightening too. I haven't nabbed it all but I've got the 4P+K launcher combo down more or less and I can connect my wall combo for big damage now thanks to Shiro and another Blaze player though I didn't get his name.

19. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I picked up some nice combos from watching Shiro. Don't why I didn't think of P, after 1P+K connects but that's about it.

Awesome play from him!

20. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    have an extensive combo list now including some nice ringout/wall push stuff. Some nice tech traps, tricks and a few stupid setups. Got some sobering slaps for shun and a few ways to push the fatty away when you play taka. Sorry it's taking me so long to get this up I have been really busy lately with a number of different things. I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday coming and I'm going to post up a clean cut combo list for each combo starter and character. A basic combo list that works on all characters for any prospective blaze players. Outside of combo things I'll be keeping this thread up to date with setups, and shenanigans. If you want acess to the super secret hot dog academy tech you need to send me £10 in poundd coins