1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

the vids is just beginner and intermediate stuff you probably already know about but you might be more interested in the part where they play casuals just to see their flows and what they do in certain situations on the fly.

2. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Actually I've found scratch rush isnt always guaranteed after the sabaki. For instance if you sabaki a jab at medium disadvantage you usually wont have enough of an advantage to land the scracth rush. However you will almost always be able to land it if you sabaki a kick, even at medium disadvantage.

A safer option would to go for [6] [K] [+] [G](17 frames) as opposed to [4] [3] [P] [+] [K](26 frames).

Keep in mind that the timing of [P] [+] [K] [+] [G] in addition to your advantage (or disadvantage) plus the class of attack you sabaki all factor into how much frame advantage you will have when executing this move.

3. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

I've actually been using that as a mix-up the last few matches. Most think I'm going to go for the Handsome Scratch Rush so they block or they duck it so what I do is toss the Volcano Knee for the Launcher and combo from there, if they block, then I can throw them. It's rather amusing but it only works well if you're in their head with it.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Been using 2K+G near walls recently for great effect when I predict an evade

5. 001

i'm watching the replay of the last nights battle audition final season right now, there's a couple of el blaze matches with players like kissu, aniki, cobura, and powder (sp?)

worth a watch since japanese blaze vids are few and far between.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25285184

rd 1k, 2p, 6_p, kkk's all day

6. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I've been messing around in Dojo a bit and found out that if you [4] [3] [K] [+] [G] into the wall splat, you can do it again into hit throw. Its shakeable but still a cool way to get 100 damage when they don't see it coming

7. Rare_Entity

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Nice find, tried this myself and it seems you only get the wall stagger on counter hit. However if one were to get the wall stagger the 6[K][+][G] wall combo would be a better follow up.

8. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Dunno if this is a glitch or not but if both characters are back to back Blaze,s backturned throw will do a normal back throw. It's quite strange to him do the backturned animation then jump onto their shoulders.

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hey guys, I started uploading some random matches and other stuff. Nothing too intense yet but I've got some Blaze matches that show some of his damage and setups (and nonsense)

10. 001

nice vid, i really like how you got the 2p after backturn into low throw since it's usually a mistake for me and i never have the presence of mind to go for the low throw and i also liked your timing of jumping over the mid rising attack and getting bt 2p into back low throw, very nice setup.

one small nitpick, i see you went for rocket knee alot after 4pk and was able to get a counter hit and only went for 2p. them being at -9 is the ideal setup for the mid/throw game.

doing 2p can be blocked high where you could have thrown and since they can't fuzzy even on normal hit, a throw is a strong option here.

on the attacking side, even if you counter hit them again with 2p it only gives you another free guess to attack but at lesser advantage than what you just had, where if you do at least 6p you get a free confirm to knockdown if it hits, if they evade you can delay the k followup, and if blocked you can fuzzy and reset.

i see that you have presence of mind to fuzzy if your rd k is blocked so i thought it was interesting you only go for 2p after a hit sunrise knee that wasn't from a staggered rocket discharge since you can be doing better options.

anyways sorry if you feel it is a harsh critique and are reading things you already know, but i think it will help other blaze players who might not know how great the advantage is after rd k hits and doing 2p after doesn't net you much reward as other options.

11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I know, man. This replay is actually a month or so old and my gameplay has changed quite a bit since. I know I have a whole bunch of + frames there but at the same time a lot of what I was doing was just to practice setups so I wouldn't really go for too much aside from holding advantage.

This was actually recorded around the time I started looking into RD so many things were still kind of new ground to me at the time.

I appreciate the criticism.

I will say for any players new to Blaze that a lot of what I was doing there was "wrong" I was givig up guaranteed damage, making large advantage redundant and attacking out of disadvantage a lot. Think of it as a display of setups and shenanigans. ;)

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    So I found a tech trap that backturns people teching in place. I've experienced it more than abfew times but I only just looked into recreating it.

Still needs a bit of refining but it's worth having a play about with.

If they do roll in a direction you chase them anyway.

I fid notice that if I combo Eileen with [8][P]+[K], [6_][P], [3][P]+[K], [K][K][K] then trap her and follow
    up with [6_][P], [K][K][K] you can continue to trap as long as they tech.

Anyway, short video. I'm sure most if not all of you have encountered this before at some point.

13. MacFisticuffs

MacFisticuffs New Member

Why can't El Blaze link a low throw after a normal hit [2] [P] [+] [K] ? It forces the opponent into a crouch and leaves Blaze at +5, but I can't get a low throw afterwards no matter how close I am. I was thinking it would work because blocked low jabs are -5 and can be low thrown. [2] [P] [+] [K] into low throw works perfectly fine at +8 on counter hit, though.

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I believe this was talked about in the combo thread. Only really works after the backturned [2][P] annd even then it's only guaranteed if the opponent holds guard. If they move or attack it won't work.

For that to be a guaranteed throw attempt you would have to be at +10 or more

15. MacFisticuffs

MacFisticuffs New Member

Sorry, I didn't really explain my question right. What I mean is, if I block a [2][P] from my opponent, and they don't move or attack, they can be low thrown, because they're at -5 and it takes five frames to stand up after the low punch. But if I land a normal hit [2][P][+][K] , they're forced into a crouching animation and left at -5, but a low throw will still whiff even if they don't attack or move. Do they just start standing up towards the end of the hitstun?

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Hit RD Low Throw on tech rolling opponents is soooo awesome!

Do it after any combo ending in K,K,K. Slow speed kicks into delay RD. HOT DOG!

17. Vick Vega

Vick Vega Well-Known Member

PSN:
    V1ckV3GA
    XBL:
    V1ckV3GA
    Well, he is the supreme wrestler.lol

18. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I don't know if this is already known, but you can launch -15 moves standing with instant Shadow Hammer (iSH) by buffering a crouch dash during the blockstun of a move and then doing 6P+K. Great against Taka 4P+KP and the alike. Just putting this here in case I personally ever forget it.

19. Rare_Entity

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Havent seen any updates in the forum lately so I figured I'd share something.

After landing CH [K][+][G], if your opponent tries to block/ lazy TE or evade you can actually land [P][P][K] for free. This can be ducked however so be sure to hit check before finishing the string. If your opponent tries to use [2][P] in this situation you can get a side crumple with [3][K].

If you find yourself in this side turned situation I recommend attempting a crouch dash fuzzy guard into a throw escape.

20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

There's an easier way to avoid UB jabs and TE. Just hold G+P and then 6~3~6 or 4~1~4 depending on the side. You basically buffer a TE in and after that crouch the jab with basic 2G.

+9 with opponent sideturned is common with a lot of characters.