1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

4P, K is the best thing ever. Why? Because like to tech roll after it which guarantees RD Low Throw. Why I didn't play around with this before? No fucking clue. What's even better, those Shinwa videos Dennis is posting says to tech-roll against Blaze, lol. Even better? No one reads this part of the board, and just bitches about El Blaze.

TL:DR - Go to training -> set CPU to tech-roll Random -> practice recognizing when you can go for RD Low Throw -> Profit.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Actually the crouch throws from side techs are not guaranteed in a sense that the opponent can just "wake up reversal" them like with any throw attempt that isn't from +10. Still it's a good mixup of course as RD has plenty of other moves too.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

True, but before, I was always thinking it would be too slow to do, but it's not.

The trick is do delay going in to RD (if it's from an attack) or pay attention to see if they did Exact Recover Roll where you can't attack out of now.

Gonna do some more testing, maybe make an Oki Thread or just us the Tiger Step Thread.

Blaze's Oki is monsterous.

4. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Funny occurence which I'm wondering if anyone else has issues with.

I'm a big fan of 3[P],[P],[K] for the stagger, but occasionally, when I go for the Shadow Hammer[2_],6[P][+][K] follow up, it whiffs. I can land it okay in training, but sometimes in the heat of a fight, it whiffs while my opponent is still clearly recovering from the stagger.(so I know I haven't done it too slow)

Anyone else has this problem? Doesn't happen often, but enough that it gets annoying.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    The default stagger in dojo is normal, if you set it to slow shadow hammer should whiff as they will still be too far back on their ass for it to him them. For this reason I prefer to use 46P+K after that stagger if Ithink they won't break the stagger.

6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Couple things:

Could be doing it to early so it goes over them while still in Stagger state or....

They could be recovering at the just before it hits. The joystick is red but the time you can connect with the Shadow Hammer so, I'm guessing it's just stagger recovery at the last moment.

So are more combos going to get posted? Not that he's too reliant on them, and most of them are figured out, but I was thinking for more completion sake.

7. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm gonna get to it this weekend. Had a VF fire lit under my ass on Wednesday. A lot of his combos are samey for the most part. I'll cover the main launchers and maybe go into some situational junk.

8. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Oh and on el Blaze oki he has loads and loads of options. Especially given that KKK, his most common ender gives thay spinning knockdown and goes into RD. Lots of things available to him.

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

This is true, haha. I look at the Pai thread and I'm just like... o.0

This is also true. I was hitting RD Low Throw with a higher consistency in matches against opponents. Still ended up losing the tourney that I started hitting it more but that was due to not adapting and being out played. Had people like "WTF was that". Need to work on my punishment when they DON'T tech-roll.

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    One thing about Blaze RD oki is that the opponent doesn't have any incentive to tech into it as RD doesn't have any down attacks or ground throws, if they just stay on the ground Blaze will keep charging forward and allowing the opponent to wake up safely thus resetting the flow of the match, which Blaze needs to be able to control to win. Course you can just not go into RD after a combo at times, but it's a dumb guessing game the wrong way around.

11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    If you do RD 9K and check it you can go for a down attack if they don't tech. You can even do a backwards jump and punish a mid rising kick with his 43K+G hit throw if you feel like a pimp.

As with any oki technique it's all about reading your opponent. As a beginner I'm sure you are starting to get to that point where you notice that using a big set piece like full blown RD stuff isn't good because better players will kill you for it. Hit checking is important in VF as is understanding your opponent and the capabiloties of their character. Nothing is ever cut and paste.

12. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Like most blaze players I want my opponent to tech roll, so if they don't I've found that doing ground throws usually tends to be demoralizing enough to get someone teching. The nice thing is that you can do the same throws using [2][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G], making them harder to break.

There's also blaze's ground scrape tech which can be devastating; after a successful [6][P][K] or [P]+[K][P][P], i'll dash in for a quick 2p into [4][K][P][P], and if they still don't tech, i can STILL get a low throw in for close to 50% damage. While people say not to tech roll against blaze, he has a lot of tools to punish someone for not doing it.

13. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I haven't tried anything other than 46p+k after this stagger, but it seems that [4][P]+[K] would work, as well, for some good damage--definitely comparable to the shadow hammer combo.

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

In that Shinwa thread Dennis made, the dude going over what El Blaze was capable of saying to tech roll against him, because of the ground throws he has from there. I was reading it like "Please do, haha", not like anyone comes to this part of the forum anyway, lol.

After the stagger on [K] from 3[P][P][K], you can do 4[P][+][K] to launch them in the air, then 2[P] which will slam them, then go for the [K][K][K] follow-up into Oki setup of your choice. You can get an additional [P] before the Kick String on light opponents and Jean.

They can block the followup with Fastest Recovery, so be careful if they are fast with stagger recoveries as you'll be free to Elbow or 2[P] from back-turned.

Jason Elbow likes this.
  15. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Thanks for this thread guys Salsa shenanigans and his jumping options can only get you so far with Blaze oki. But even then that's 7 different moves. Blaze Oki is an embarrasment of riches

16. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i think it's important to get scrape combos down at least ending in a 3k+g for getting in the habit of taking off shun drink pts.

below is a couple i wrote down for jean. i don't usually go for ones so long but it's always fun to see what you can land in a match or at the end of a round especially if your opponent has no idea what extra damage can come out if they don't tech.

normal hit

ppk, (2kpk, rd k, 3k+g 81 dmg or dash in 2p, kkk, 2p, 3k+g 77 dmg)

6pk, (2kpk, rd k, 3k+g 96 dmg or dash in 2p, kkk, rd k, 3k+g 98 dmg)

46ppk, (2kpk, rd 1k 74 dmg or 2kpp, 6k+g, 3k+g 88 dmg or dash in 2p, kkk, rd k, 3k+g 88 dmg)

46pp2k, (2p, 3k+g 44 dmg)

4pkp, (2kpk, rd 1k 70 or 2kpp, 2p, 3k+g 73 dmg),

p+kpp, (2kpk, rd k, 6k+g, 3k+g 93 dmg or dash in 2p, kkk, rd k, 3k+g 83 dmg)

3k+g (rd 1k, 3k+g 58 dmg)

rd 9k+gk (rd k, 2p, 6k+g, 2p, 3k+g 106 dmg)

bt 2k (2p, 6pk 49 dmg or 2p, 2kpk, 3k+g 75 dmg or 2p, 6k+g, 6k+g, 3k+g 75 dmg)

nou likes this.
  17. El_Twelve

Thanks for the tips on the Shadow Hammer after the stagger guys. Interesting that not breaking stagger causes it to whiff, the same way Hot Dog executes too fast on certain RD setups if they don't break the stagger.

18. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I was messing around with wall stagger stuff but it looks like you can get scratch rush to combo with no recovery Even with normal recovery you can get the 3P+k hit throw for 120 plus damage

19. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    With 3P+K hit throw if they can't stagger you can infinite them even without walls just by dashing in a little. :)

20. El_Twelve

Lolwut gotta try that.