1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

el blaze low throw combo

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by 001, Sep 14, 2007.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i'm trying to get that el blaze low throw combo where its 3p+k+g, 4k, 46p+k, 2p+k+g and can't seem to get the stun after the 4k. is that combo a version c combo only?

i also thought it might be 46k or 3k since they both have crumple properties but after watching the vids with command movements, its really 4k.

any input on that would be great. thanks

also is it me or isn't kpp the most damaging follow up to any float? i'm wondering why most people use the p, 6pk so much since it is less damage. also sometimes you can get a 2k at the end there if you are fast enough.

but yeah after watching those vids with the one el blaze player doing all those hop over low throws, el blaze has become an exciting character to play again.

2. Chinny

Chinny Well-Known Member

The opponent has to remain BT after 3p+k+g so 4k will stagger them. Then you can follow with 46p+k to 2p+k+g.

And I'm pretty sure the combo isn't even guaranteed in general. I've seen people turn around right before 4k would connect. Unless I possibly wasn't entering 4k correctly.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    That combo only works in Version C because Sega gave El Blaze more advantage frames after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (+18 to be exact, as opposed to +15 in Version B). As you've already noted, that little bonus makes the low throw VERY powerful.

You said that the most powerful combo follow up for blaze is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif? Do you mean /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif?

4. 001

yeah i meant 4kpp.

basically off normal floats i go for the 4kpp but in almost every vid i see, everybody goes for the p,6kp if they are facing forward.

if you know of anything else feel free to share.

i also noticed sometimes that one japanese el blaze player does what looks like a canceled standing knee in between strings. sorry i forget what vid its in but is that a version c trick too?

also you guys ever try 46k, 46p+k, 33p+k+g? it comboes for 104 damage and can be set up after a backdash to catch them standing or if you quick enough can be set up after a standing k+g while they are side turned.

5. Sorkz

Sorkz New Member

My country has no version C

So in version B, What is the best choice after 3p+k+g?

6. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

I've had the chance to mess around with Version C over the weekend and haven't got his back low throw combo to work at all. I can't get 4k to connect at all. Am I just being rubbish or are there conditions? It's clearly one of his most powerful moves so I'd hate to miss out. 18 frames would imply that he can buss it out no problem, but my attempts failed. I'm weak but I'm not that weak. Any thoughts or is it too early for us to be discussing this, as it's only really those in Japan who have access?

Namflow! You're the man. No doubt you have some tips here, please share the wealth /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

I've started learning El Blaze because of those vids!! lol

8. ElectricLeo

You know he's the don!

9. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

HOT DOG!

10. Spuckuk

Spuckuk Member

I'm having a lot of problems getting 2+PKG to connect at the end from the crumple, it seems to whiff as if it's out of range, any thoughts?

11. ElectricLeo

I can't even get a stagger from 3P+K+G. If any pros wanted to write a guide about this I'm all ears /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I had trouble too the first few times with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif staggering, then I realized you have to buffer in the command early. Do the command right before he lands over the ducking opponent, then buffer in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as soon as his leg retracts back. For the last throw, some characters you can just do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and it'll connect (like against El Blaze), but others (like Akira) require a quick /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif dash right before the throw. Nothing major, and I don't even think you need to see El Blaze actually dash, just make sure you do that quick dash before the low throw and it should connect. So basically the command is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. It'll take some practice though since you can't go too fast or too slow with that dash.

13. ElectricLeo

Thanks! I'll get to that tonight. It's clearly where El Blaze is at. That and the 50% damage coming off his hit throw if they don't struggle fast enough and you score the run>P+K+G>P make him a beast now!

14. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Yeah, I'm totally digging El Blaze now. I just started messing with him after the 360 demo hit, but he's a really fun character.

15. ElectricLeo

Right, I've got the stagger, but the kidney shot just isn't crumpling. Not once. I'm buffering it in really early, what am I missing? Skill in general?

16. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    It's possible to struggle out of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and avoid the crumple, are you sure this isn't happening? If they struggle fast enough, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will hit, but won't crumple them.

Also I've only done this combo in the 360 demo since it doesn't work on PS3 or ver. B, so maybe you're doing it against a character that maybe it doesn't work on. I don't see how that's possible, but who knows. Who are you trying the combo on anyway and where? In training mode or against cpu or an opponent?

17. ElectricLeo

Against CPU opponents in quest mode. They've not shown the ability to struggle that quickly on other staggers (6K,G>6P,K is my bread and butter) so I'm confused.

18. 001

try doing it in training mode first with the computer set to crouching. turn on frame counter and button/joystick inputs so you can see if you are doing the motions correctly.

in the demo i can land this combo pretty much everytime, sometimes even off a 2p+k or 46P+k crumple to get them into crouching.

19. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Man, if you add the wall to this combo, it's like 150pt damage. There's 2 staggers and 2 throws in there that can be escaped, though. Still, I can see someone pulling this off in a match and catching someone off guard.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall stagger) > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (crumple) > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

20. 001

is the first throw the wall throw or do you mean the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif low throw that pushes them into the wall?

i'm not by my 360 so can't test for myself but this does sound interesting. i'm assuming you're doing this in demo? does it work on all the characters or at least a light weight eileen, mid el blaze and upper mid akira?