1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Emperor !!!

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Emperor_Ghaleon, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

That's not true!! Many combos with Bounce attacks can be followed by a [8][P], at least a [3][P]...I know it cause i tried to techroll some, but they hit me right when i was getting up, or they did the [8][P] in the precise moment i did [8]/[2][P]+[K]+[G], with this i mean, like: attacking after a failed evade.

2. Zidane

Zidane New Member

You must collect seven orbs.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    That's not true!! Many combos with Bounce attacks can be followed by a [8][P], at least a [3][P]...I know it cause i tried to techroll some, but they hit me right when i was getting up, or they did the [8][P] in the precise moment i did [8]/[2][P]+[K]+[G], with this i mean, like: attacking after a failed evade.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'd like to know what combo you're referring to, because in most situations, [8][P] is easily avoided. Also, when does [8][P] EVER interrupt a techroll? You seriously need to quit spreading misinformation on this site. Spamming with bullshit theories will get you nowhere fast.

4. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

am i hurting someone while spamming as you say? am i doing something that is against the law by spamming? am i making someone spend money by spamming? No. Then Dre, do yourself a favor, and stay shut, a [8][P] can interrupt a techroll, and do ME a favor, never reply to anything i post on this forum, if you don't like them, just don't look. You're being an moron.

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    am i hurting someone while spamming as you say? am i doing something that is against the law by spamming? am i making someone spend money by spamming?

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, but you ARE at risk of getting your IP banned. Trust me, I'm not the only one pointing out your idiocy on this board. Since you're probably about 15, I'll give you some free advice: Be sure to test your theories extensively before posting them on this site as facts. This isn't Gamefaqs.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

wooo

To doug- That isn't my definition of a combo, those are the rules for submitting a combo to my combo guide.
    I consider wall combos "real combos" but I didn't want them in my FAQ.

To valetudo and anyone else who is unclear on what people mean when they say "combo" on this site ...

A combo is a series of attacks which cannot be blocked or avoided after the first hit connects.
    The only vague part of that is the word "avoided" and for VF I can clarify -
    1. If they can duck under it, it's not a combo.
    2. If they can dash out of it or dodge it, it's not a combo.
    3. If the sequence has a throw in there, and they can escape that throw, it's not a combo. That's why I don't like calling jeffry's f+P+K -> low throw a combo, because all of jeff's low throws can be escaped. f+P+K -> b,df+P,P IS a true combo because there isn't anything in the world the opponent can do to get out of it.
    4. If the sequence of moves has a stagger in there, the sequence is a combo only if there's no way a human being can struggle out of the stagger in time to block. For example akira's b,d+P+G -> sgpm -> dbpm is a true combo because (in version C at least) no human can struggle fast enough to block the single palm. On the other hand b,d+P+G --> df,df+P is NOT a combo because even a scrub can struggle and block it in time.
    5. If a combo has a pounce in it, then it's only a combo in a few situations:
    -The opponent hits the floor and cannot tech roll. This happens after falling facedown from a wall hit.
    -If the last hit of the combo (before the pounce) slams the opponent to the floor, thus preventing tech rolls. Example: Wolf's f+K, P, b+P, u+P (pounce).
    -If the opponent hits the floor from something else that doesn't allow tech rolling, for example wolf's HCB+P+G -> P+G -> u+P is a true combo, though I really think of it as just a two hit combo - throw into pounce.
    -Rarely, a move will hit on the bounce, and it will still be a combo even if the opponent touched the floor. A good example of this is is lei fei's low kick of death combo vs. some heavier opponents - it ends in uf+K+G -> df+K and vs. akira, often the uf+K+G will hit but akira can then tech roll, even though uf+K+G slams in floats. That's because uf+K+G is connecting at the moment the opponent hits the floor. The opponent can tech roll before the df+K, but not before uf+K+G, so everything up the uf+K+G is a true combo. This one's sort of mysterious and flukey for me.

Did I miss anything? In general if the opponent can get out of it .. even if it's hard ... it's not a combo. It's only a combo if god himself cannot get out of it using any technique.

To dre: VFDC isn't THAT banhappy, although you're right, valetudo is spamming and needs to check his info.

To Valetudo: test stuff out in PS2 training mode and make sure you turn tech rolls on and tell the computer to get up when it's knocked down. Those options are in free training - cpu settings - advanced settings. I think you'll find most of the good combos have been found and posted before, but keep experimenting. If you want an idea of the best guaranteed combos in this game, read the post at the top - "ultimate combo guide".

7. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

If the opponent hits a wall... I had a feeling certain moves did too... but probably not... if you've only got a PS2 (like me), the only opp who TRs quick enough to test this out is Dural....

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's true that after a facedown wall bounce, a ground attack at least and often a pounce is 100% guaranteed.

It's not the best use of the wall though, you could for example use the bounce to connect with a move that slams and guarantees either a pounce or a ground attack.

9. Emperor? Is that it? What, are you not good enough to get to High King?

10. Nah, man. The highest ranking you can get it High King. Check the ranking faq.
    Biyatch!!!!!

11. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

i feel for you, man. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    anyways, Creed is right, Vale guy must be a pretty turdy player(no offence if he can't understand the concept of CD modifying move ([3][P][K] (force crouch)!)
    as soon as he gets rid of this then maybe i'll listen to him a bit i mean you even called yourself a combo master in another topic (though i can't remember which one, an even then there was a rave about his "combos")
    and about true combos CreeD, can you roll out of the pounce after jacky's normal throw? because I can if I struggle like mad.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. He posted this over a month ago... let dead threads stay dead.

2. While his random bragging wasn't really necessary, it's definitely a lot less irritating than someone randomly picking on other posters. If you've got something to say and want other people to take you seriously, maybe you should stick to talking about the game.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

..yeah you can roll out of an u+P after the normal P+G throw. As far as I know df+K is guaranteed.

14. gamesmaster1_2be

I can only roll out the way on 50hz, otherwise it's pretty hard.
    and the flaming of Vale_Mesmo_Tudo, I know it's a stupid thing to do, it's just that at the end of one of those "dead" topics, on his first post he put "I am the Combo Master" or something like that, then put one of his strings down, and it kept saying things like
    [2_][6]+[P]+[K], [2][P](force crouch)[2_][6][P]+[K]
    it's kinda irritating, when he doesn't even know how to CD modify!

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A, but at least D,f+P+K, d+P, D,f+P+K is a true combo /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> It's kind of a circle of life thing </font color> . <font color="green"> There's always a certain level
    of irritation for the next guy </font color> . <font color="brown"> But then one day,
    the fish eats the lion.</font color> /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif <font color="purple">Musashi says "let the clouds free your mind. </font color> <font color="orange">
    Ramble Ramble </font color> /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

16. gamesmaster1_2be

/versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

17. Joespeed

Joespeed Well-Known Member

If any one told you about ur bandanna and wild hair already...I didnt read all of that bs so you win 100 in a row for blue bandanna and for the wild hair im guessing you get 7 orbs... and if you already have you have to get 7 orbs again!