1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

episode II trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Natalie Portman's my dream girl.

3. Shadowdean

Ugh...though this looks like even more high and mighty Lucas Crap....ohh..how can you do such a thing to a flagship of american culture?

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, at least we see more of Boba Fett.

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I belive it's actually a new guy, Jango Fett.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not Django Fett? Maybe during his teens he was caught in a fire and his a few of his fingers got melted together, but despite all this he could shoot with the best of them?/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I'm sure somebody got the horrible pun....

Anyways, regarding this trailer... This trailer was really disappointing (though I guess the Breathing trailer was also sort of disappointing to me). At the moment, I can't put my finger on it exactly... but the movie just didn't feel like Star Wars, but like it was trying to be something else. Maybe Lucas lost inspiration somewhere? (as in, maybe he couldn't find other films to inspire the scenes of episode 2--anybody watch The Hidden Fortress and then watched A New Hope afterwards?)

7. Shadowdean

To me, the trailer seemed more like a video game with digitized characters...almost reminded me of Don Bluthes Dragon's Lair.

8. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, I grew up on Star Wars. I thought it was the greatest movie ever made, from the time I was 7 years old until my third year of college. Unfortunately, Phantom Menace was a grave disappointment to me. Fifteen years' wait, and nothing to show for it but a good sword fight and a chase scene stolen from Ben-Hur. Maybe I'm just older and wiser, and maybe my knowledge of movies is much larger, and maybe George Lucas just isn't that good anymore. He really hasn't been involved in a good movie since Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade back in '89.

The teaser trailer for Episode 2 is a letdown. Uninspired and dull, nowhere near the imagination the original movies had. I'm bored with today's computer animated effects. It all looks like a videogame demo, so plastic and so, so fake. It looks indistinguishable from a TV movie on the Sci-Fi Channel. Let's hope Episode 2 turns out to be much better.

9. MIRACLE~!!

MIRACLE~!! Member

HAH yeah man....give me the Jim Henson puppets and cheezy stop motion animation anyday!

These days it seems that the new Star Wars series is just a playground for Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic studio to make a lot of flash at the expense of story and characterization (tell me, which character in Episode 1 did you ACTUALLY give a crap about?). I expect the next chapter to follow suit.