1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Escape - Crouch Dash defensive technique

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, May 11, 2002.

1. EUROTRASH

EUROTRASH Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm beginning to doubt this hehe...

How the hell is one supposed to do evade > crouch dash at -3 to avoid a throw if _only_ crouch dash (no evade) doesn not avoid it? Atleast to my knowledge, CD will only avoid throw at -2 (or less disadvantage), which is when it is common to use fuzzy guard.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just to point out that you're replying to an old thread.

ECDs avoided a throw at -3 only in VF4 (i.e. not Evo).

In Evo, at -3, and ECD will not avoid a throw, but you can use ECD with an attack to avoid the throw. This defensive technique is referred to as ARE (All Round Escape). ARE is effective around the ranges of -3 to -5 disadvantage.

3. EUROTRASH

EUROTRASH Well-Known Member

Oh god damnit. You should have phoned me here in sweden seriously because not understanding that has totally fucked up my day hehe /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks anyway, I knew I was replying to an old post but never realised it was vf4... I only started playing VF this year so evo is equivalent of VF4 to me if I don't think... sorry :/

*exits free trainng mode after 8,5 hours of trying to ECD at -3*