1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Escaping Wolf's DM P+K

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Happy_Friend, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I just learned that you escape wolf's dmpk with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif always. You can just hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif and mash /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

After eating countless helpings of Spam, I was finally told how to escape it. (thanks loki)

Serves me right for never using the search function I guess.

Funny thing is that I have trained myself to mash /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif TE and it is gonna take a while to break that habit, even though I never had much success with that technique. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Anybody else have examples of important stuff that they totally did know for the longest time?

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It took me from Fighters Megamix all the way up to VF4 EVO to finally realise how to do Airas KNEE, that's quite 'tarded /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

3. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Just recently - while reading and printing out the whole VFwiki system parts - I read that you escape side throws with forward or back+P+G. Before I knew that, I always did up and down+P+G ... As well, now I know that it's only possible to enter ONE side throw escape.

4. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

I used also think you could input 4 and 6 to escape side throws. Right as I saw DMPK coming, would input 4/6P+G... it seemed to work decently well too. Later I realized you just had to know which way to escape, though most abusers do the same direction over and over.

5. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it's always back, unless Loki was only using one direction. I escaped like ten in a row using just back.

6. Dango

Dango Well-Known Member

I think Wolf's DM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be escaped with either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, as long as it hits you in front.

But for your question, I didn't know that pressing a button during an evade makes strings track! =D

7. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

hmmmmm, i always put in 4 and 6 pg to escape side throws (after destruction wave) and it seems to work. I find it best to put in as many TE's as possible since a lot of times what seemingly "should" be a side throw ends up coming out as regular front throws. Never hurts to be safe.

8. Feck

As long as your inputting the right throw escape first then this should work fine. 4p+g if they are throwing from your characters left side, 6p+g if they are throwing from the right.

9. smb

smb Well-Known Member

For wolf you can evade with either direction regardless of which side he's moving to. If i'm not mistaken. I recall proving this to myself in versus mode.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Escaping Wolf's DMP+K

The throw escape depends on where Wolf ends up when he grabs you, either in front, on your left, or on your right. Your best bet is to enter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to cover all bases.

11. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Okay, so I guess I should get this confirmed. When it IS on the side, can you only input one or both? Say, I do 4 then immediate 6, will it only register 4? From what I'm gathering, it's either only 4, then 6 for if it ends up being a front throw, or you can input both without checking which side Wolf is going towards?

12. Feck

I don't think anyone has actually confirmed this, when I tested multiple TE seemed to work for the side throws. I inputted both escapes once each like you said and it worked fine when I tested.

KoD has also tested it here...

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=193087#Post193087

Different results to what I got but he used a more reliable method lol. Also maybe the mashing he programmed could have been the reason it failed for him.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    KoD's test was inconclusive, and he even states it so in the answer:
    The way the inputs were programmed -- it was mashing left P+G and right P+G for several seconds -- is what makes it inconclusive for me, and the only practical conclusion you can draw is that mashing doesn't work.

When I tested it (in the link I posted), I specifically entered a double throw escape: a single left P+G and a single right P+G, with considered timing. Judging by the successful throw escape animations, I was satisfied that I could escape both left and right side throws with the same DTE input.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I think what happy friends problem is, is that its kinda hard to get a side-hit when doing Wolfs DM P+K to the front side. That tends to end up as a front hit instead.
    The DM P+K where Wolf throws you so that you actually fly is the front hit. In all other versions he just suplexes/burning hammers you directly to the ground.

What this means that the DM P+K USUALLY either turns out as a front hit (can be escaped in both directions) or a side hit from the back side (is escaped /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif).

Side hit from the front side is still escaped /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but its just rare in actual combat.

I couldnt test DTE yet with just myself to use both controllers, but I think what reads in the wiki and what Myke said is correct. This is actually pretty good to know now that in most cases you can just spam /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and it works.

15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Whenever he grabs you have to know whats side it is.

Sometimes he might even catch a Backturn throw depending on the manuever.

16. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Thanks god AM2 cancel this shit on R.

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Oh nice... I didn't know they took out his DM in R. hehe Sega usin there brain? *Keanu Reeves voice* " Woah! "

Now if only they could use there brains and see that VF does have life outside of Japan we would be set.

18. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p894JC-cOvk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p894JC-cOvk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p894JC-cOvk

OK, with the help of a friend I've recorded a little demo to prove that a DTE (double throw escape) works against Wolf's DM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif regardless of the side he's on.

In the video you'll notice the two different throw escape animations, on both sides -- one for the frontal version and one for the side version of the DM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

Reminder once again that this only applies to Wolf's DM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. You cannot multi escape regular side throws.

19. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Is this confirmed? No more Brisal?

20. Feck

Nice bump!

... And yeah, in R Wolfs DM p+k has changed to a more regular one. I believe it's a kick instead of a throw.